corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Parts Offered » 193bhp throttle-bodied C16XE engine

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 193bhp throttle-bodied C16XE engine
dhdev

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 10 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa GSI C16XE engine, SBD/Jenvey taper throttle bodies, MBE engine management, ITG Megaflow sausage air filter, Polished trumpets, Autosprint stg2 camshafts, Ported/polished/gasflowed/skimmed cylinder head with double valve springs, SBD vernier pulleys, SBD aluminium cambelt rollers, Re-bored/honed/skimmed block, Omega/SBD pistons, Lightened + balanced crank and rods, ARP bottom end bolts, Lightened + balanced Nova GSI flywheel, Adjustable fuel regulator, Bosch cream injectors, Magnecor Ignition leads, Mocal 10row oil cooler, SBD/BTB exhaust manifold, Powerflow 2.25” twin box exhaust comes with alternator/bracket and starter. 193bhp, 130lbft £3000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hhGbXzi8Q4

[Edited on 02-07-2010 by dhdev]

philip2

2nd Jul 10 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good luck with sale matey, how come your selling though? or it going 20xe after we spoke?

if thats making that power, i cant wait to see what my c16xe does...any idea what lift the cams are?
dhdev

2nd Jul 10 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by philip2
good luck with sale matey, how come your selling though? or it going 20xe after we spoke?

if thats making that power, i cant wait to see what my c16xe does...any idea what lift the cams are?

Split the car last summer! The engine is the only thing remaining, I had a few time wasters but no-one serious.
Don't know the exact cam spec, I used Autosprint to build/spec most of the engine and it was on his recommendation. They're fairly mild though IIRC, 276deg springs to mind. It would pull 155+mph (with the standard F13 box) and a 13.8 qtr at 102mph, so believe the power figure to be accurate.

Steve X16XE

2nd Jul 10 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WoW, what an engine and what a price!!! It's a shame i've given up on mine and have no cash.

Good luck with the sale. Can't see it being round for long.
milko

2nd Jul 10 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fre bump mate, if I had the cash I'd snap this up!

Could I ask when and where and what tyres you did the 13.8 on/at?
dhdev

3rd Jul 10 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by milko
Fre bump mate, if I had the cash I'd snap this up!

Could I ask when and where and what tyres you did the 13.8 on/at?
I did it on both a539's and 888's, i don't think got enough heat in to the 888's to get any advantage out of them
gh227

3rd Jul 10 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U2U sent

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Parts Offered » 193bhp throttle-bodied C16XE engine 25 database queries in 0.0144801 seconds