corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My PVS 2010 story lots of pics! (got my terms and conditions frew from RAC)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My PVS 2010 story lots of pics! (got my terms and conditions frew from RAC)
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
5th Jul 10 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant find my book from the aa. last time i used them a few years ago it said they will recover any vehicle that is competing as a road legal car at a racing event. aslong as it has mot and tax etc etc. i got recovered from within ten of best no problems at all. stickers still on the car the lot.
SRI-LEE

5th Jul 10 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks guys just trying to think what to say i didnt kick off at the time as i was sop pissed off/tired to even bother tbh, i dont mind if they find out iv been up at the end of the day they just left me 250 miles away from home didnt even ask if i had any money or anything was such a nightmare
Graham88

5th Jul 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with Daimo I'd kick off too. End of the day they left you stranded miles from home.

Yes they have a business to run, but that doesn't mean they have to a c*nt about it
SRI-LEE

5th Jul 10 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly! thanks guys im going to ring tomorrow and see how i get on!
Rich H

5th Jul 10 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've not exactly got anything to lose, so certainly worth trying!
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jul 10 at 20:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make up a reference number, quote it on a letter, saying you are writing under advice from tradings standards that you will want reimbursing, unless proof can be provided by them that you were on a track that day and that the breakdown was as a result of it.
Toby
Premium Member

5th Jul 10 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if they prove you were on track they have no proof that would have been the cause. However I highly doubt you will fuck all off them. Your 10pound q month means fuck all to them
Graeme
Premium Member

5th Jul 10 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh i think you will find it hard to get anywhere.

He will of logged about your rubber down the side of your car and in arches, and also when you only drove about 4 miles from santa pod its gona be hard to say you werent there and then they will look to see what the damage is and how it would be caused.

still worth trying though.
davieslim

5th Jul 10 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i worked for the rac and had plenty of cars picked up from silverstone,knockhill and even santapod.
Spanishfly

6th Jul 10 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
make up a reference number, quote it on a letter, saying you are writing under advice from tradings standards that you will want reimbursing, unless proof can be provided by them that you were on a track that day and that the breakdown was as a result of it.

Evidence is in the original post...
Steve
Premium Member

6th Jul 10 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rubber on the side of the car? not conclusive imo
Spanishfly

6th Jul 10 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how about the bit that the OP says 'i ran a 17.xx' that is quite decent evidence to me.
Steve
Premium Member

6th Jul 10 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yes obviously if they look in here

hi
Spanishfly

6th Jul 10 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi
Steve
Premium Member

6th Jul 10 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lips will go flying if spain dont progress
SR91

6th Jul 10 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AA FTW!

Picked my mate up from a trackday :-)

Shame they wouldnt pick me up when i broke down in a river!
davieslim

6th Jul 10 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got to be honest i worked for the rac for ages and seen how they treated here members so much so that i got everyone in my family to switch to the aa, less targets for the aa to meet because there so much better, rac was watchdog more then anne robinson
SRI-LEE

6th Jul 10 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks guys iol be looking at joining the aa! getting all my recipts e.t.c together and ringing them tomorrow see hwat they say! thanks for all the help guys
Twiggy

6th Jul 10 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recon the RAC man was pissed at the thought of a 500 mile round trip and used the rubber thing as an excuse!

I know i would!!!
SRI-LEE

6th Jul 10 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy
I recon the RAC man was pissed at the thought of a 500 mile round trip and used the rubber thing as an excuse!

I know i would!!!

that has crossed my mind lol, wish i signed upto the AA in the first place now they seem to recover anywear
SR91

6th Jul 10 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah he wouldnt get paid anymore or less for towing you 500 mile tbh. An RAC man needed bribeing for him to take me home 30 miles once!

Thats why im with AA

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My PVS 2010 story lots of pics! (got my terms and conditions frew from RAC) 23 database queries in 0.3015261 seconds