A pillar
  Radio slot
  MFD
  Above glovebox
  Ashtray
  Air vents

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gauge mounting
jibjob

User status: Offline
14th Jul 10 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well after i had a bit of a mishap with my last engine in the corsa im going to put a few gauges in just to monitor things so it doesnt happen again. I havent quite decided on which gauges yet but i'll probably end up with 3 of them. More than likely i'll pick oil pressure, oil temp, air/fuel. Unless people suggest any others for overall monitoring? Where would you mount them? I want it to look tidy and neat but still be in easy sight so i dont have to look too far out of my line of site to check them.

Options for the location are:

A pillar
Radio slot - id want to keep the radio so would have to move the radio to the glovebox or something
MFD
Over the glove box on the round thing on the dash
Where the ashtray is.
Air vents

All have their plus and minus points but which would you recommend and why?

barter

14th Jul 10 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a-pillar.or if you only get 2 smooth the middle heaters and fit them in
Eddx14xe

14th Jul 10 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A pillar are probably the most easiest to monitor as they are right next to you.

That MFD that was done to hold gauges (think is was mr nicolas barnes who had it?) looked quite good.
Jamxe

14th Jul 10 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a pillar as they are easy to see but be careful picking your pod, some can be cheap and stick out a mile, try get an RGM one which is suited to a corsa..

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Gauge mounting 23 database queries in 0.2875919 seconds