corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Trapped nerve?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Trapped nerve?
shaunmods
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Jul 10 at 11:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I got out of bed this morning and all was fine and dandy. I then went to the toilet and as I turned round to wash my hands I got a shooting pain in my neck. I thought it might go away but its still aches like hell when I turn my head to the left. I reckon I must have slept on it funny or something. As long as I keep my head straight it alright. I'm meant to be in work at 5 but I don't fancy trying to drive without being able to turn my head properly.

Anyone else had this? How long does this sort of thing usually take to sort itself out? Also any recommendations on stuff to take for it? Just on painkillers atm and they aren't doing a lot

[Edited on 20-07-2010 by shaunmods]
bigboykarl

20th Jul 10 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

once had a bit of whiplash and couldn't turn my head...it went in a couple of days
Crana

20th Jul 10 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same happened to me one and it lasted all day
Steve
Premium Member

20th Jul 10 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could just be a cricked neck
Neo

20th Jul 10 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get this but there is more to it for me.

Mine usually lasts about 4 weeks.

Get some Paramol, but if you haven't had them before dont drive because i've known people to become seriously tired because of them.
shaunmods
Premium Member

20th Jul 10 at 11:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tore a muscle in my neck last year when I got rear ended in my corsa. This hurts more which is surprising lol

Cheers for the tip Neo I'll have to see if I can get hold of some of that. I've managed to find some Ibuprofen so I'm going to give that a try as well once these pain killers have worn off. Hope it doesn't last as long as yours does though That must drive you mad!
bigboykarl

20th Jul 10 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can take ibuprofen and paracetamol together..
Neo

20th Jul 10 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it does, Happened 4 times this year so far, I prolapse a disk (old recurring rugby injury) and the nerve in the top right of my neck is trapped, causes my right arm to swell and puff up and be very painful to use/move/touch etc.

Paramol is the only off the shelf painkiller I have used that helps ! Its quite cheap too, about £6 for 40 iirc
JaffaTB

20th Jul 10 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had it once when i was at school, had to turn my entire body to look side to side as it hurt that much, got to school and some kid jumped on me to get me in the headlock messing about (he didnt know my neck hurt) heard a crack and i was instantly better lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Trapped nerve? 23 database queries in 0.0122309 seconds