corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bike Day: Cyclists hydraulic brakes

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Day: Cyclists hydraulic brakes
mattfiesta

User status: Offline
25th Jul 10 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
quote:
Originally posted by ed
The seals don't need bedding in.

If you say so, but I'll take my mates word on it, as he also tests pre-production bikes (some of which I have riden too)

Edit; The seals do need bedding in, usually takes 30-50 miles before they are fully working, in this time the caliper needs to be aligned correctly to the disc otherwise, one side will work harder and eventually knacker the seals

[Edited on 18-07-2010 by antnee]

Who's your mate? ( I assume this is the guy you mentioned in a previous thread that works at raleigh)

[Edited on 25-07-2010 by mattfiesta]
mwg

25th Jul 10 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
why would seals need bedding in
ed

25th Jul 10 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish I got to ride pre production bikes. Especially if they are Raleigh's.
antnee

25th Jul 10 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattfiesta
quote:
Originally posted by antnee
quote:
Originally posted by ed
The seals don't need bedding in.

If you say so, but I'll take my mates word on it, as he also tests pre-production bikes (some of which I have riden too)

Edit; The seals do need bedding in, usually takes 30-50 miles before they are fully working, in this time the caliper needs to be aligned correctly to the disc otherwise, one side will work harder and eventually knacker the seals

[Edited on 18-07-2010 by antnee]

Who's your mate? ( I assume this is the guy you mentioned in a previous thread that works at raleigh)

[Edited on 25-07-2010 by mattfiesta]

Lloyd Clarkson, when he did lots of races it would of been down south, Bournemouth way, only came up here about 2 years ago
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

raleighs are shite bikes tbh
everyone thinks there the dogs bollocks but there realy not when you get into looking at the specs and how much money your paying .. and how many better things you can get for that amount of money
also.... seals dont need bedding in.. just pads, also you dont need to bleed your brakes everytime it goes spongey
just cable tie your leavers as far pulled at they can go and leave it over night, this opens the pores in the brake and lets the air float freely to the top in the resivour and there for get expelled, try that next time before you go bleeding them again
trust me it realy works
antnee

26th Jul 10 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He doesn't have raleigh bikes as such, one he has at the moment is a full sus mtrax. He's been a team rider in the past for downhill racing.
antnee

26th Jul 10 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got my mate to quickly explain about the bedding in;

quote:
The seals need to bed in so that the pistons sit evenly, and therefor wear evenly. If the caliper isnt lined up properly, ie centrally, the pistons will sit at different distances from the disc rotor. If this happens a small ridge will appear on the piston seals, and you'll struggle to get them to sit centrally when you fit new pads later down the line.

Also when they are not bedded in they may scrub slightly, as they are still tight and not pushing back as much as they should.
ed

26th Jul 10 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said, leave the engineering to the engineers.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bike Day: Cyclists hydraulic brakes 23 database queries in 0.0113070 seconds