corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Oxford people.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Oxford people.
nathy_87

User status: Offline
2nd Aug 10 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right just been informed by the missus, that she wants to go to Oxford for a shopping trip near her birthday, so can anyone recommend any nice resturants/bars we can go to. Possibly cheap parking close to the centre. Any help would be great.

Thankyou.

[Edited on 02-08-2010 by 5dr corsa-3dr_polo]
Nath

2nd Aug 10 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parking + Oxford don't go together!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

2nd Aug 10 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

park and ride mother fucker.
Doug

2nd Aug 10 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a cracking place to eat outside of Oxford. Let me know if you want any recommendations
nathy_87

2nd Aug 10 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes please Doug. Never been there so kinda looking forward it.
Doug

2nd Aug 10 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.thetroutoxford.co.uk/

Local haunt for me. Food is good and its nice sat on the river

Second choice for me would be: http://www.fishesoxford.co.uk/

Not been here but want to try the black rock meats: http://www.spreadeagle.org.uk/
Simon

2nd Aug 10 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

load of nice bars, restaurants in town, just walk around you will find them. Oxford is pretty small though, shopping isn't that great. Park and ride is pretty good though
allza

2nd Aug 10 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just been, watch out for driving through the high street like I did, am awaiting the fine. Get the park and ride as said. We stayed at the head of the river which was decent and close to everywhere. Everywhere was so busy when we went but still good.

[Edited on 02-08-2010 by allza]
Simon

2nd Aug 10 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Head of the River is a nice pub, the place is full of hundreds of foreign students and tourists during summer
nathy_87

2nd Aug 10 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ allza - Can you not drive through the high street then?

@Simon - Not sure if that's a good thing or not? lol. Missus wants to go because of the shopping.
Sam
Premium Member

3rd Aug 10 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't been to Oxford in a while, but easiest thing to do is park in the Park & Ride which is quite near the M40 junction.

If you need to fill up with petrol, cheapest place is Asda in Wheatley which is nearer to the M40 than the Park & Ride.

And no, you can't drive through the High Street or Cornmarket etc. only buses and posh uni folk on their bicycles are allowed in the city centre.

Simon - Head of the River was always packed from what I remember?
Dr Pepper

3rd Aug 10 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mmm . shopping in city centre is awful imo ..... better for women than men but still not good ..... most people here drive the 20 minutes to bicester outlet village, or the half hour to swindon outlet centre. Plenty of good pubs and restaurants though.

The city centre is an impressive place to stroll around if you havnt been before... worth checking out the Bodleon Library area of the city - loads of movies ect filmed there.

The Trout and The Fishes are good gastro pubs within 10 minutes drive of city centre ...
this french restaurant was brilliant when we went ....http://www.pierrevictoire.co.uk/

Some of the better curry houses on the cowley road and in centre if your into that

[Edited on 03-08-2010 by Dr Pepper]
Budgie

3rd Aug 10 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Qi bar
Fonz
Premium Member

4th Aug 10 at 08:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you really want city centre parking I always use the Ice Rink car park. i admit i only use this when going to see a show so is in the evening, but for a couple of quid (Ł3-4) its enough to park until 0800 the next morning!

local buses have a good service into Oxford, i pay Ł3.70 return from Harwell village to Oxford (13miles) and is a regular and well use service. P&R is also advised and depending which direction you are travelling from dictates the best one to us, just remember to get back on the bus going back to the same car park!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Oxford people. 23 database queries in 0.0391710 seconds