corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Watch this if you think driving at stupid speeds is fine cause "your" a good driver :thumbs:

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Watch this if you think driving at stupid speeds is fine cause "your" a good driver :thumbs:
bubble

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 10 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh, we can all have a joke about them, but i have actually been present when something similar happened to one of those clips. i dont think i have ever told anyone on a website.

when i was 21 i was driving to my mrs' house, and there is a straight stretch of road. i was driving down and i saw a mondeo overtake another car and as he passed and came back into the lane, he must have brought his car in too quick, and the car sort of twitched and rolled. the car smacked sideways into a lampost and settled down on its wheels.

i pulled up and jumped out and ran over. the driver was unconscious, and the passenger seat was occupied by a young lad, bout 7 or 8 crying his eyes out. i remembered an army advert and they always tended to the people who werent making noise first, so i tried to open his door and nothing happened. so i smashed his drivers side window which somehow hadnt smashed in the crash, unbuckled his seatbelt and started draggin him out. other people by this time had pulled over to help, and i got the bloke out and dragged him over the road to the grass verge.

by this time i was running on adrenaline, and went back for the young boy. as i did, i heard tyres screeching, and a car coming from the same direction i was travelling, appeared to have tried to overtake the line of stationary cars due to the crash, and smacked into the crashed car with the young boy still in. i was on a stupid high by this point, it was horrible to see this and i felt sick. i ran over with a few other people, and the young lad was now in the back of the car. he must have undone his seatbelt when we pulled his dad out, and the impact of the other car hitting had sent him flying.

the young lad didnt survive. i often think how different things would have been, if i had pulled him out first. but ill never know.
nikkijamie

3rd Aug 10 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the one where the woman is in the back of the car holding he baby what a buch of bollocks as if you'd drive about without having ur child in a proper car seat
sand-eel

3rd Aug 10 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nikkijamie
the one where the woman is in the back of the car holding he baby what a buch of bollocks as if you'd drive about without having ur child in a proper car seat

Happens ALL the time, surely you must have seen people do this loads of times? I have.
nikkijamie

3rd Aug 10 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only ethnics and eastern europeans
sand-eel

3rd Aug 10 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true
Welsh Dan

3rd Aug 10 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4:20 in the vid, the copper off The Bill
leon.

4th Aug 10 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubble
tbh, we can all have a joke about them, but i have actually been present when something similar happened to one of those clips. i dont think i have ever told anyone on a website.

when i was 21 i was driving to my mrs' house, and there is a straight stretch of road. i was driving down and i saw a mondeo overtake another car and as he passed and came back into the lane, he must have brought his car in too quick, and the car sort of twitched and rolled. the car smacked sideways into a lampost and settled down on its wheels.

i pulled up and jumped out and ran over. the driver was unconscious, and the passenger seat was occupied by a young lad, bout 7 or 8 crying his eyes out. i remembered an army advert and they always tended to the people who werent making noise first, so i tried to open his door and nothing happened. so i smashed his drivers side window which somehow hadnt smashed in the crash, unbuckled his seatbelt and started draggin him out. other people by this time had pulled over to help, and i got the bloke out and dragged him over the road to the grass verge.

by this time i was running on adrenaline, and went back for the young boy. as i did, i heard tyres screeching, and a car coming from the same direction i was travelling, appeared to have tried to overtake the line of stationary cars due to the crash, and smacked into the crashed car with the young boy still in. i was on a stupid high by this point, it was horrible to see this and i felt sick. i ran over with a few other people, and the young lad was now in the back of the car. he must have undone his seatbelt when we pulled his dad out, and the impact of the other car hitting had sent him flying.

the young lad didnt survive. i often think how different things would have been, if i had pulled him out first. but ill never know.

very sad. What happened to the guy driving the car that crashed into the already crashed car with the boy in?
Butler

4th Aug 10 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3.23 is shocking! The car that runs straight over the person must be scarred for life!
micra_pete
Premium Member

4th Aug 10 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Really harsh mate, not sure I could cope with that.
bubble

4th Aug 10 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by leon.
quote:

very sad. What happened to the guy driving the car that crashed into the already crashed car with the boy in?

the dad was ok, and i met him a few days later. its such a weird feeling, because he was grateful that i saved his life, but at the same time his son died. so it was a very bizarre experience.

as for the guy who crashed into the already crashed car, i am not sure what happened to him. The whole sequence of events stopped registering after the second crash. police were all over the place and i had to give a statement at the scene, and then a few days later the dad contacted me. but i never heard about the other guy.

i would like to think he got sent down.
Graham88

4th Aug 10 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would you hope he got sent down? Because he obviously made a mistake? This is where the justice system is wrong, yes ok so the car he was in collided with a stationery vehicle and killed somebody, how does that make him a killer and therefore he should go to jail, he didn't mean to do it? It's just stupid that someone can lead a normal life then they come around a corner crash into a car thats sitting in the middle of a road and end up doing time and ruin their lives.
Daimo B

4th Aug 10 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Manslaughter Graham.

End of the day, he's on the wrong side of the road, overtaking traffic, and rear ended an accident, killing a child.

Manslaughter and driving without due care and attention. Driving too fast for the conditions and showed ignorence at traffic.

I'd hope he got sent down as well. If it was my child killed, i'd want justice as well.

And as a driver, its your responsibility to ensure your driving to the conditions. If theres a corner coming up, can you stop in time? This person didn't asses this.

tbh dude, as a biker, im suprised you arn't thinking this at all times riding your bike If I coem round a corner fast, anything that happens at the other side is my responsibility. I'll be the one getting hurt.

[Edited on 04-08-2010 by Daimo B]
Graham88

4th Aug 10 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, sorry I didn't read that he overtook etc first, in that case I'd agree with bubble, I take it back
bubble

4th Aug 10 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Ah, sorry I didn't read that he overtook etc first, in that case I'd agree with bubble, I take it back

it was a straight road, for a bout 3/4 a mile, he overtook the stationary traffic.
Graham88

4th Aug 10 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In that case I 100% agree with you.
adiohead

4th Aug 10 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 12vStig
you're

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Watch this if you think driving at stupid speeds is fine cause "your" a good driver :thumbs: 23 database queries in 0.0126240 seconds