corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sagrada Família

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sagrada Família
John

User status: Offline
5th Aug 10 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagrada_Fam%C3%ADlia

Was at this at the weekend, what a place, scale is unbelievable and if it's ever completed it will be even more impressive, totally different to anything I've seen before.

Most impressive thing is the work is continuing in this day and age, I can't see something like that being built from scratch now.

Anyone been, any opinions?

Bigish pic

Jules S
Premium Member

5th Aug 10 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We took a holiday in barca last year.

Funnily enough we stayed in an apartment on the square opposite from where you photo was taken. This is a view from our balcony

Like you said, nothing like it will ever be built again, and fair play to them for carrrying out Gaudi's vision
John

5th Aug 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd never really paid any attention to it before but found out that's all it was, Gaudi's vision, he hasn't had much to do with building most of it and it's had many other people interpreting his vision and drawings since then.
Jules S
Premium Member

5th Aug 10 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I'd never really paid any attention to it before but found out that's all it was, Gaudi's vision, he hasn't had much to do with building most of it and it's had many other people interpreting his vision and drawings since then.

It seems like ages ago we went now......do I remember correctly that he resigned and got brought back? either way he dies ages ago, and yes his designs have been incorporated over the centuries. Like you said, its great the present church is building it pretty much how he wanted.

I take it you took the lift up into the towers and crossed the bridge? let alone seeing his other work and the Neo camp

edit: lol @ my spelling

[Edited on 05-08-2010 by Jules S]
John

5th Aug 10 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First architect resigned because they wouldn't give him the materials he wanted, Gaudi worked there until he died afaik.

It's not the church either, it has always been privately owned, works are completed using money generated from entry fees and private donations only.

I did, I'm a shit bag at heights so some of that wasn't fun

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sagrada Família 23 database queries in 0.0099680 seconds