corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rev happy???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rev happy???
gidged500
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Aug 10 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I dip my clutch for example slowing down for traffic lights the car seems like it's going to die (revs drop) then it revs itself to about 1500rpm then back to idle but not a perfect idle ? Any ideas thanks
gidged500
Premium Member

13th Aug 10 at 14:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone ?
Kieran
Premium Member

13th Aug 10 at 14:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What enigne and is eml on
gidged500
Premium Member

13th Aug 10 at 15:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a c20xe calibra egine and no eml on
Kieran
Premium Member

13th Aug 10 at 15:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Afm or icv. Give them a clean. Try blasting some cleaner on the tps sensor to.

[Edited on 13-08-2010 by kizzacorsab]

[Edited on 13-08-2010 by kizzacorsab]
gidged500
Premium Member

13th Aug 10 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the afm is ok i borrowed my mates to check it and made no difference and his worked so thats that eliminated i think the tps is ok as it clicks as it should or so ive been told they should and it has been adjusted as before it was adjusted it was mising through the rev range but doesnt now so icv i think they easy to do?
Kieran
Premium Member

13th Aug 10 at 15:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fairly easy to do once it's off it's stright forward to take apart. Getting it off is the bitch. What il do just to save time and manic effort is getting some electrical cleaner. And clean every sensor in sight even icv before it comes off and check then. Haven't got a air leak or spilt pipes anywhere either do you check that to
gidged500
Premium Member

13th Aug 10 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah so the battle is getting it off :/ where can i get electrical cleaner ? are there any pics anywhere to help show me how to get it off ? and how long would you think it would take me ?
Kieran
Premium Member

13th Aug 10 at 15:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cleaner halfords. Bout 7 quid.

And just jack the car up. Get under the car look up at the inlet mani. You will see a t shaped thing with 2 pipes coming off it. The hard part is wriggling round the mani. And getting to the jublie clips.
gidged500
Premium Member

13th Aug 10 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like fun bet it will be a right pain in the ass worth a stab though thanks for all the help
gidged500
Premium Member

13th Aug 10 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do i need to unplug the battery or anything ?
Kieran
Premium Member

13th Aug 10 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would yea. Not any need but may aswell.

No probs m8ty

New Poll