corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road traffic act section 165

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Road traffic act section 165
mwg

User status: Offline
20th Aug 10 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to ride mine on a dead end unclassified road in the middle of nowhere. Wouldn't do it now, just one of those stupid things you used to do when younger
taylorboosh

20th Aug 10 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a kid with a toy imo, one of my mates got a ban and 6 points for this when he was 15
VegasPhil
Premium Member

20th Aug 10 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stubs
so, who pays for the call out of you guys in this case?

Taxpayers of course!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Nath

20th Aug 10 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep. You'll notice your next wageslip will have a deduction for this very call out.
AlexW

20th Aug 10 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
i reckon it might have a serial number my pitbike has a serial number

None of my 3 mini moto's ever had anything on the frame or engine.

It is kinda gay that most of the places to ride them legally are few and far between, and even then, they are uber expensive.
stubs

20th Aug 10 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
quote:
either way... taking it off the lad and crushing it will just make him feel hatred towards the police system.

slap him on the wrists, and inform him about somewhere locally where he can ride it off-road legally and he might heed the warning and respect the police.

Right, So I stop mr idiot riding his bike illegally on the road. And say to him if i catch you riding this again its getting seized. Off I go leaving matey to "not" ride his bike illegally on the road. If he gets back on the bike and proceeds to crash/injure/cause damage. I will most likely lose my job. Uninsured vehicles should be off the road, end. I dont care if he loses respect for the police because im doing my job.

ok I see your point, but I suppose what I'm trying to say is that your job may be a bit easier if younger people had more respect for you. Wind back 20/30 years and kids had a healthy fear of the police but would admire their authority, now that seems to have faded. Personally I think the most of you are jobsworths... not all, but most. Take that how you like, but I have family who are highly ranked in the police and their extended govornment sections who share the same opinion. I don't blame the individual though, I blame "the system"... like you said, you risk loosing your job if you make a judgment call.

May I ask the OP, did the call come through with full details of the bike? i.e. who made the decicion to send such a large recovery truck for a pitbike? I know who I'd put my money on.. but that said, I've had my fair share of run-in's with recovery companies too. Perhaps jobsworth's stick together these days
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Aug 10 at 23:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you've got no respect for the Police, you're not likely to get any by being given a second chance to ride something like that illegally. In fact quite the opposite. Kids already generally think the Police are a soft touch and a run-in is no sweat to them.
8vcorsa

20th Aug 10 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats said seizin it my mate got caught on his crosser mini moto and he only got a warnin like i had a warnin for takin my old 50cc out when i had it years ago
bally2010
Premium Member

21st Aug 10 at 00:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CHILDHOOD = CHILDS MIND down to the parents if you ask me shouldnt be letting them out on there own with it
Nick-S

21st Aug 10 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
but that said, I've had my fair share of run-in's with recovery companies too. Perhaps jobsworth's stick together these days
why would you have a run in with a recovery company
were just doing our job?
grubz172

21st Aug 10 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol had a ped recovered by FAM when it got siezed for no front l plate back in the day
stubs

22nd Aug 10 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nick-S
quote:
but that said, I've had my fair share of run-in's with recovery companies too. Perhaps jobsworth's stick together these days
why would you have a run in with a recovery company
were just doing our job?

Well it wasn't really me, but it made see them in a different light;

My mates mint KTM 450 EXC was stolen and missing for about 3 weeks.. it turned up on ebay in Blackpool. The police in Bolton were useless so we decided to go over ourselves. Got to Blackpool and decided it would be best to get the local police involved. They sent over an undercover unit and we "viewed" the bike as potential buyers... gave the nod to the u/c unit and they arrested the seller and checked the bike over. Bike turned out to be the stolen one of my mates and despite a few bits (number plate missing, broken stand and worn tyres), the bike was still in superb condition. The police were all for letting us take the bike but asked if we would allow their forrensic's to check it over for a few days. We agreed and they arranged for a local recovery company to come and collect the bike for them. We photographed the bike before during and after it was loaded onto the recovery truck, just out of happiness to see it again.

Few days later and we go to collect the bike.. the guy at the recovery company wanted us to sign for the bike immediately. My mate said he wanted to see the bike 1st incase there was any damage, and the guy started getting really funny saying about it being stolen recovered & of course there would be damage etc... We explained about how we were there when it was recovered and we knew what state it was in when they picked it up but the guy was having none of it. We told him we had photo's of it being loaded up etc.. and he said he had pics from when it arrived at their depo soo GTF with your pics basically.. So anyway, we're taken to the bike after still refusing to sign for it ad find the bike was badly fucked up all down one side. Looked like it hadn't been stored correctly and dropped on it's side more than one time. All the plastics were badly broken, graphics scratched and scuffed, engine parts damaged, lights smashed... it was a real mess. They tried to deny it was them and said we'll show you the pics to prove it. Brought the pics up on his computer and they showed it was mint when they recieved it. Still wouldn't own up to it and tried to blame the police for doing it... we weren't getting anywhere with them. They wouldn't let my mate claim against them for the damage as he wasn't the "customer"... the police were. He had to place a claim against the police, who would in turn claim back from the recovery company.

Basically, they were akward and un-helpful and property had been damaged whilst in their storage and they weren't for admitting it. Made me realise they couldn't be trusted. If it hadn't been for the fact that we were there when the bike was recovered, we woudln't have known any different. They showed no respect for my mates property, and were cunts when approached about it.

I know all places aren't the same, but for now my trust has been broken.
mattk

22nd Aug 10 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seen this a good few times on road wars

and as for the recovery bill, the offender has to pay £105 recovery + their fine

and if its a vehicle they want to claim back they have to pay £25 a day storage
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Aug 10 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What happened when you took it up with the Police?
nathy_87

22nd Aug 10 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
A quiet side street is a bit of a piss take though.

Not if he was annoying the neighbours it's not.
stubs

23rd Aug 10 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
What happened when you took it up with the Police?

The damage was claimed through the police... they denied it was them, their forensics photo's proved it was already in that state when they got to it. But it did take a few months before my mate got some money towards the repairs.

It was a long and drawn out process and was caused by the recovery company, who were the only ones being rude and dis-honest. I think they were pissed they'd been caught out TBH.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road traffic act section 165 24 database queries in 0.0171959 seconds