corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car experiences

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car experiences
Kev S

User status: Offline
21st Aug 10 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi i was wandering if anybody on here has done one of those driving experience day things? im thinkin about doing on of the rally days and was wandering if anyones had a go at it? any opinions or reviews would be helpfull thanks
Ben G

21st Aug 10 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i done a ferrari f430 scuderia one that involved me being driven around a track in a mazda 3 mps by one of the intructors, then me driving a porsche cayman s for 3 laps, then the ferrari for 3 laps.

was brilliant. they let me drive at full throttle and not change up early.

heard other exerperiences haven't been as good but i can only say mine was amazing.
Oli_p

21st Aug 10 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wasnt overly impressed with mine, i went on the f430/gallardo day. They seem to have this ECU thing in the car which apparently halves the power of the cars, its passenger/instructor controlled, lil box down by there feet, and the have button/remote down by there side closest to the door
SnK

21st Aug 10 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad went on one and he said it was awesome. Wasn't cheap mind, roughly £300.. Drove a few flash cars and did a go-karting thing at the end.
He fully enjoyed it.
danward

21st Aug 10 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drove a race prepped Lotus Exige round Silverstone top half for about 3-4 laps it was amazing!! Such amazing fun!!
Ash_EP3

21st Aug 10 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£450... got me

- driven around the track in a Mazda 3 MPS
- 4 laps in a Porsche Cayman
- 4 laps in a Ferrari F430 Scuderia
- 4 laps in a Lamborghini Murcielago
- 1 Hot lap in a Mazda RX8
- Loads of professional pics....

As an experience it was pretty epic, although yes there is the downside that the instructors do tell you to change up when doing low speeds to start with... towards the last couple of laps they let you have a bit more freedom!! On the last lap in the Lambo he told me to overtake an F430 and one of the forumla 300 cars

It is very expensive but as an experience it is epic, really shows you what supercars are like in comparison to your 'every day' cars and the sheer difference in performance was pretty insane (I kept asking if they had race tyres on as the grip was immense ....)

I would recommend however that you don't drive to the place yourself as there is a very high chance you will be dissapointed with your car on the drive home
Fonz
Premium Member

22nd Aug 10 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have had a Ferrari drive, Porsche drive, skid pan experience, and Rally experience (the last two at Silverstone) and of the lot the rally was the best!

gives a lot more freedom to handle the car and get on the edge as that is partly the point!
Ollie-Smith

22nd Aug 10 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did a taster lambo session, £50 gave me a passenger ride in a focus st to learn the circuit then i had 5 laps in a lambo gallardo spyder and didnt get held back by instructor. also got a bit of 4x4 experience to for free! they had loadsa cars tho including ferrari's, porsche's, audi r8, ariel atom etc etc
Graham88

22nd Aug 10 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ash_EP3

Don't know why they bothered with the other supercars, should have just ended on this, best car there
Ben G

22nd Aug 10 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I would recommend however that you don't drive to the place yourself as there is a very high chance you will be dissapointed with your car on the drive home

i drove there in my focus and on the way home got a bit carried away, ended up being pulled over by a police bike for going way over 100
pow
Premium Member

22nd Aug 10 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:

Don't know why they bothered with the other supercars, should have just ended on this, best car there

Don't you find there's a lot of torque steer?
ed

22nd Aug 10 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just got back from Mercedes World at Brooklands. Did the 4x4 experience in an ML, was really good fun!
AndyKent

22nd Aug 10 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MB world at Brooklands is ace, went a few weeks back and watched the GP on their big screen and then the football afterwards. And it's free to get in, bargain
ed

22nd Aug 10 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm defo going to go back, will ask for a road car experience for my birthday this time round
Graham88

22nd Aug 10 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
quote:

Ash_EP3

22nd Aug 10 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
quote:

Torque...? what's that?
Ash_EP3

22nd Aug 10 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:

i drove there in my focus and on the way home got a bit carried away, ended up being pulled over by a police bike for going way over 100

...nice my mum drove me over in her 1.9 TDI Laguna... felt slow as fook on the way home
DaveyLC

22nd Aug 10 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been on a couple and a 4x4 monstertruck experience (which was shit).

Its nice to have the experience of driving in a car that you could only dream of but its just not the same as giving something absoloute death!

I have more fun killing a total shitter on a track than nursing something expensive around a track.

You'll also learn more from the shitter.
Kev S

22nd Aug 10 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh right thanks for the replies. its the rally experience that im most interested in but i was curious if they do actually let you hammer the car
Graham88

23rd Aug 10 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The rally experience at Brands they do let you give it some beans cause they time you and have a winner at the end of the day
3CorsaMeal

23rd Aug 10 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rally ones are the best

driving a ferrari around a track with some guy sat next to you is pretty naff really, the rally driving is great, mud everywhere, skidding, sliding, wheel spins, drifting, hitting cones =

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car experiences 23 database queries in 0.3257620 seconds