corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Liverpool Victoria Insurance Quote, HELP!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Liverpool Victoria Insurance Quote, HELP!
AdiSRI

User status: Offline
3rd Jun 03 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am 20, with 2 years NCB and 4 points CD10.
I have a 1995 Corsa B SRi with suspension kit, alloys and full system zorst ATM.
Best quote anywhere else is in the region of £1200 - £1300 fully comp.
Rang Liverpool Victoria, gave over basic details (Didint ask when i passed my test/about mods/about points) and said'Do u want the cheapest quote we can offer?'
I said yes and she said £748 fully Comp. I then said the car was modified and she said 'Doesnt Matter', then i said i have points and again she said 'Doesnt Matter'.
I thought that is well strange?? Any advice? Anyone else with them did they care about mods/points?? Thanks guys.
Makarus

3rd Jun 03 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is very wierd, it should matter to them for the sake of calculating your quote, also how the hell can they cover mods if they dont want to know about them??
Tim
Site Administrator

3rd Jun 03 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liverpool Victoria don't do like for like mod replacement anyway. Their quoting is very weird... one time you'll get a quote, then phone back up and you'll find they won't do it...
Pablo

3rd Jun 03 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get another quote with someone else at Liverpool Victoria, I did and got totally different price!
AdiSRI

3rd Jun 03 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They told me that they dont cover mods at all. They fix cars to standard and as such treat all cars modified or not as standard and so dont want to know about mods.

I'm worried that if anything hapens they will pull out the were not paying out u aint declared mods line, and i have no way to prove they said i dont need to declare them. I think i will ring again and speak to someone else see wat they say.
Cosmo

3rd Jun 03 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well ask them to send it you in writing about you've mentioned mods, that way will have to pay out.

Also ask if its possible to cover your mods, that way will pay out for them, or come to an agreed value for the car!
LoudandProud

3rd Jun 03 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope i rang them up for a quote on a 1.4 3dr clio, i have had my license 7 months, no ncb and they said 752 fully comp, i asked about mods and they siad the only mod they care about is if u change the engine, otherwise they dont even need to know! i thought fine by me
AdiSRI

3rd Jun 03 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thats wat me dad said, get it in writing b4 paying them, but i'm tight 4 time now, need the policy soon.
stuyw

3rd Jun 03 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah but if u claim, do they give u like for like? coz they won't know what mods u got if anything happens to ur motor
Phil321

3rd Jun 03 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are far to many stories going around about l'pool victoria. personally i would pay a couple of hundred more safe in the knowledge that my insurance meant something. sure, from a legal perspective you're covered, but you've no idea what'll happen if you claim. they sound dodgy to me. i mean come on, since when did points not matter!!!!!!!
Cosmo

3rd Jun 03 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how can they be dodgey?

They are a huge company who dont just deal in insurance, my dad has been dealing with them for years for his clients!!
WaNtEd_CoRsA

3rd Jun 03 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2nd that how the hell can they be dodgey

thats right mate they sell dodgey premiums u keep believing that p.s. go back to sleep
AdiSRI

3rd Jun 03 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does worry me. They seem to have no organisation, each time u ring up it's a diffo price and not caring about

MODS or POINTS

doesnt ring true to me.
Phil321

3rd Jun 03 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats how they can be dodgy. Waiting for you to claim then not paying out, looking for loopholes etc. They seem to generate thier quotes at random. Agreed L'Pool Vic are a large company, but they are only acting on behalf of their underwriters. Anyone know much about the underwriters? No, me neither, ask on other boards, Scoobnet, MIG etc, the story is the same. No consistency whatsoever!
Cosmo

3rd Jun 03 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats due to the people they employ, moneys the lot of them!!

If they have agreed to the premium no matter how low and you pay it, then your covered. If your unsure about mods and it doesnt mention it in their cover note or any other documents then you get it in writing.

That way no loopholes!
WaNtEd_CoRsA

3rd Jun 03 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have been wi l'pool victoria since i was 17 im now 22 ive had no complaints toward them they are a good company some compaines can calculate quotes without needing to know certain points i.e mods
Cosmo

3rd Jun 03 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im with them and have been for the last 6 months, never had problems with them sending out documents or anything. Even changed it insurance over to another car for a month or two and were happy to do it and were fine with it!!

Good stuff if you ask me!
AdiSRI

3rd Jun 03 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i will go for it it's too cheap to miss, just have to make sure i get it in writing on the policy that they know about mods/points.
Thanks guys
Cosmo

3rd Jun 03 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they will be more than happy to give it you in writing Im sure!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Liverpool Victoria Insurance Quote, HELP! 23 database queries in 0.0151339 seconds