corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What head unit?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What head unit?
Gazdaman

User status: Offline
26th Aug 10 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm about to get a new car, so I figure it's time to spend some money on a new head unit.

I want:

Bluetooth
Aux input (for iPhone)
USB input that accepts high capacity (so I can lob an external HDD in the glove box)

Anything more than that is a bonus.
Sat nav and/or a video capable screen would be nice.

Budget is under £200, second hand is fine.

I initially wanted a car PC, but christ they're expensive!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230515733134&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_9364wt_1137

This has tickled my fancy rather well, ticks all the boxes, and a nice big screen. The new car is a Mondeo, so it has a 1.7Din gap, so you have to use a reducer, so where this overhangs down, it'll just overhang blank plastic. So that's fine.

But I've had a DVD head unit before, and it was worse than rubbish, the interface may aswell have been in chinese for how easy it was to work.

Anyone got any good/bad experiences?

Gaz
ash-ov-boro

26th Aug 10 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look on ebay at some alpine IDA i think there a nice headunit
random dav
Premium Member

26th Aug 10 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alpine if you can

WRLFC !

Project cars

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What head unit? 24 database queries in 0.1925170 seconds