corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » any landlords on here?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author any landlords on here?
mattk

User status: Offline
7th Sep 10 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just wondering how you would go about choosing your tradesmen for maintenence? Im looking at getting in contact with a few regarding servicing for any gas appliances they have, or replacing any old ones. and also providing them with their annual gas safety certificate

is it too cheeky to email them all brochure type page from my work email?
chr15barn3s

7th Sep 10 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not a landlord but I wouldn't think its cheeky emailing them with a brochure. They won't know about you or your busines until you do. Nothing to lose eh!

Also what about speaking to letting agents also? They usually take care of maintenence and things like that, the company my Dad uses do anyway.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

7th Sep 10 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do it, Might be worth trying to go round an estate agents aswell.

If you have a decent price and are quick you will get repeat work.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
neoquip

7th Sep 10 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a landlord.

But being in the construction trade anyway (Decorator) I know all the right people.

best ask friends and get recomendations.
AndyKent

7th Sep 10 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stick something in the post. We're always on the look out for reliable plumbers (managing agent) since the ones we use are good quality but always busy.

If you worked in my area I'd give you a go tbh. I don't mind getting details through in the post, though a direct email without a phone call first would annoy me a bit.
Jill
Premium Member

8th Sep 10 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neoquip
I'm a landlord.

best ask friends and get recomendations.

Me too. I'm quite lucky though as the guy I rent my property out to never seems to have any problems (touch wood). But I have a couple of friends in the trade- carpenter, plumber, painter and electricians, so that seems to cover most areas luckily
mattk

8th Sep 10 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im going to use Andys first hand experience and knock a page up with a list of services and a little info and whack it in the post

cheers!
deanmcreynolds26

8th Sep 10 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd send them an email or letter and let them know what you can offer and rates as well, if your gona be cheaper than who they are currently using then it's gona raise an eyebrow! These agents are out to make money and you could always adjust your prices within he next few years!!

This your own business matt?
I've been thinking lately about starting up myself and also doing a lotta of advertising etc to get me going,
mattk

8th Sep 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, I was out of work for 6 months last year and 6 months this year, couldnt find work this year so decided to stick an ad in the paper, been busy enough the last few weeks, just a little more would be good
AndyKent

9th Sep 10 at 05:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair, it's not always about price. For some landlords we get paid a percentage extra on work instructed so going for a cheap contractor isn't always in our interest.
For bigger clients we have an annual budget so more focussed on value.

Top of the list is reliability, not over-charging for non-standard repairs and most definitely speed of attendance.
deanmcreynolds26

9th Sep 10 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe its a scottish thing with the price then lol

starting a new business i meant its good to get your name out there and top prices for starting out isnt gona attract every customer thats what i mean...

Good luck with it matt, id be interested to know how you get on

New Poll