corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » if in my shoes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author if in my shoes
Cazy-Corsa

User status: Offline
19th Sep 10 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i currently have a little 1.0 12v corsa, was planning on doin it up a little like lowering nice rims, tidy it up etc, but after gettin my insurance quote through, my mum and dad have told me if i can wait till may till my ncb comes through, i can get a newer/better car for the money they have saved up, like a civic sport or vts or something along they lines, but after looking at the thread before and after pics of the corsas it makes me want to get mine done now ha, really confused on what to do, was just wondering what other people would do, i was even goin to wait till may and buy a faster corsa b and do it nice, but a really want my car looking nice now rather than waiting till may to do it lol!

any comments thanks in advance, callum!
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Sep 10 at 13:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep your Corsa, you can always put a bigger engine in. Have a look in here for some inspiration;

http://corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=575415

Plenty of people have been in your situation and turned their Corsas in to some of the best on the site, like Shaun for example.
Jakey
Premium Member

19th Sep 10 at 13:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just get it looking how you want first. You've got years ahead to get a faster car.

First car always sticks with you, i still miss mine 3 years on!
Cazy-Corsa

19th Sep 10 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Keep your Corsa, you can always put a bigger engine in. Have a look in here for some inspiration;

http://corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=575415

Plenty of people have been in your situation and turned their Corsas in to some of the best on the site, like Shaun for example.

yeah saw that thread thats what made me think haha!

shauns is absolute mint, and the blue one also the grey one all very nice, but want something abit faster, but at the same time i need a car that when i have it i can get okay money back on it as well though...
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Sep 10 at 13:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Jakey said your first car will remain special to you, my first car was an XSI and I missed it so much I bought another one 7 years later get it how you want it to look then drop a new engine in when you have a years ncb or more, you wont regret it

[Edited on 19-09-2010 by DannyB]
Cazy-Corsa

19th Sep 10 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that what im leanin to have, a love my wee car lol!

in all jokes a side for a 1.0 its pretty nippy haha
sc0ott

19th Sep 10 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a 1.0 corsa for my first car. Had it for a year and then went to a clio 182.
Tbh your first cars about insurance because of your ncb but also its a good starting point for when it comes to fixing parts and stuff
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Sep 10 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you ever been in a c20xe Corsa, or a LET? you wont want a new car when you do, they are loads of fun.
Cazy-Corsa

19th Sep 10 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never have danny mate, are the 1.4's fast also the 1.6's?

looking at them look pretty nice wee cars, mine is also an X reg so it helps bein one of the newest corsa b's and it only has 49,000 miles on the clock, and been serviced by vauxhall all its days !
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Sep 10 at 13:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont bother with a 1.4 if you're craving decent power, you can get good power from a 1.6 but it will cost you a lot of money, you might aswell go for the xe.
Cazy-Corsa

19th Sep 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what exactly is that mate, just the engine type? a 1.6 xe?
or like 1.4

a dont mean like really fats just a nippy wee car that will look nice and a thought the 1.4 would be
Jakey
Premium Member

19th Sep 10 at 14:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

XE is 2l, out of the Calibra, Astra GTE etc.
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Sep 10 at 14:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

c20xe is a 2.0 if you want a nippy car then you could go for the 1.6, with a few basic mods they are decent, if you want to go silly and spend thousands you could have over 200bhp, a few people on here have had over 200 with a 1.6.
Cazy-Corsa

19th Sep 10 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would be dear as to get insured on that with a years no claims surely still?
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Sep 10 at 14:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a quote on a 1.6 sport and see what they are like
Jakey
Premium Member

19th Sep 10 at 14:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like i said mate, get it looking sweet. Then next year when your used to driving the corsa in all weathers and traffic and different roads. Stick something bigger in.
Cazy-Corsa

19th Sep 10 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jakey
Like i said mate, get it looking sweet. Then next year when your used to driving the corsa in all weathers and traffic and different roads. Stick something bigger in.

what would you suggest the next jump would be?
Jakey
Premium Member

19th Sep 10 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If insurance is gonna be a problem, 1.6.
corse-seth

19th Sep 10 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just mod your current corsa, then when your ncb comes through engine conversion or buy a 1.6 and swap the bits over?
Cazy-Corsa

19th Sep 10 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh porbs will do that, like my wee car alot its great to drive!
Pip308

19th Sep 10 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine was a 1ltr after making it prettier i 1.6'd it
Corsa_Sport21

19th Sep 10 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally i would stick with the 1.0 and not even mod it.Save the money till you have your NCB then get a better car and spend the money on that.Before you know it you will have ploughed thousands into a Corsa B and when you come to sell you'll never see any of it back.Dont see the point in doing a conversion on a 1.0 when you can just buy a 1.4/1.6 16v for next to nothing anyway.

Seriously,get the Civic or C2 Vts(i would have the C2 Vts over a Civic btw).

Corsa's are good for 1st cars and a learning curve,but unless they are XE/LET's,i personally dont see the point throwing a wad of cash at them when there is much better cars out theyr.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » if in my shoes 23 database queries in 0.0124400 seconds