corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Knockhill Video - SC Saxo + Turbo 106

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Knockhill Video - SC Saxo + Turbo 106
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Sep 10 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Video from a trackday the other day, camera car is a SC Saxo, video gets interesting when the 106 comes in just before 3 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZpbTJB626E

[Edited on 16-09-2010 by DannyB]
leon.

16th Sep 10 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

better driver or more track knowledge in the saxo but the 106 was faster

good little vid
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, the lad in the yellow 106 has only been out on KH 3 times in that car I think. It's a turbo, not sure on the power but the SC saxo isnt shy. I want to know what was in that Fiesta that appeared out of no where and flew past them both on the start/finish straight.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was it just me or did anyone else hear some pacman stylee sounds going on in there when the Saxo give it beans?
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Track day in scotland Mike?
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

16th Sep 10 at 23:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definitely at some point, I actually spotted some mention of a TS trackday in November but thought I'd probably be pushing my luck, Scotland that time of year Hoping to be doing Oulton now too in November so maybe next year at some point, see how things go. Might leave it till I'm towing.

Don't worry tho, I'll be constantly trying to find excuses to go to Scotland now, I've really rather liked it the last 2 times
big eck

18th Sep 10 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great video. That fiesta was bloody quick.
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Sep 10 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
Great video. That fiesta was bloody quick.

Yeah, still not sure what was in it
beattie17

19th Sep 10 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cherrys car seems to be running well. Did something happen to the fiesta that it dropped bk after the pass?
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Sep 10 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Havent a clue mate, cant seem to find any info on it and not seen cherry to ask him if he knew about it, think cherrys snapped a driveshaft that day too. Awesome car.
wwwNOOBcom

19th Sep 10 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

zetec turbo or somthing in the wee fezz
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Sep 10 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What power roughly would that be noob as cherrys is running closer to 300 now, maybe over and George's saxo isnt far behind.
wwwNOOBcom

19th Sep 10 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably around 300-350 depends on what the guys done i guess, but they weigh nothing as well lol
wwwNOOBcom

19th Sep 10 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's running a 2.1zvh, Arrow Steel Rods, JE Low Comp Pistons, Fully lightened and balanced, Big valve head with a newman cam, Piper Vernier pulley, AVA Management, Greens, T38, 3'' Stainless from the Turbo back, GRS Cooler and has just been mapped at 289bhp@the wheels at AVA.
straight cut Quaife box
LEDA Coilover
Cossie calipers

I would have throught a t38 would have been to laggy for that, most ford guys either go for a t34 or t4 other then a gt

[Edited on 19-09-2010 by wwwNOOBcom]
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Sep 10 at 22:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

289 at the wheels is very impressive, where did you find the spec?
wwwNOOBcom

19th Sep 10 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Passion ford
wwwNOOBcom

19th Sep 10 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://passionford.com/forum/restorations-rebuilds-and-projects/367393-xr2-turbo-rebuilt-at-last.html

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Knockhill Video - SC Saxo + Turbo 106 23 database queries in 0.3039050 seconds