corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » c20 xe corsa fuel pump

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20 xe corsa fuel pump
corsabrad

User status: Offline
2nd Oct 10 at 06:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when the ignition is on is the fuel pump ment to be on permently? help please
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

2nd Oct 10 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, it should come on to pressurize the fuel system then turn off. But when the engines running I think it's pretty much on constantly.

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
corsabrad

2nd Oct 10 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i have the fuel pump connected it dont even pressurize. so i put the red ans white wire from the xe loom to the fuel pump and it makes the pump stay on. and when the fuel pump wires are conected it dont even presurize so dont no whats up with it.
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

2nd Oct 10 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Difficult to speculate...but possibly could be the fuel pump relay? (little black box with spade connectors coming out of it)

..I think you should be able to hear it click when you turn the key, if you can't then it's knackered.

[Edited on 02-10-2010 by Sly_SRi]

Corsa C Z20Let

corsabrad

2nd Oct 10 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it clicks so i dont have a clue what to do now. it clicks when turn on the ignition.
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

2nd Oct 10 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the fuel pump relay clicks? Ok, then get your multi-meter and test to see if you have power coming out of it. You basically just gotta follow the power until you find out where it's being stopped, then you find your fault! It's all fun and games :/

Corsa C Z20Let

corsabrad

2nd Oct 10 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so your saying turn the igntion on and test the fuel pump wire on the xe loom and if there is now power trace that wire back until i find where its broken?
Nic Barnes

2nd Oct 10 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuel pump doesn't prime on xe. Only works when you crank it.
corsabrad

2nd Oct 10 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorted now got a diagram of auto data and sum 1 had wired the relay wrong and had to use the red a grey wire to the fuel pump wire on corsa

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » c20 xe corsa fuel pump 24 database queries in 0.0099888 seconds