corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Londoners that use Oyster cards

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Londoners that use Oyster cards
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Oct 10 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will probably be travelling into London later this month and so I've discovered that getting one of these for my journey is cheaper than buying an old fashioned travelcard or a few single tickets depending on zone, for the day.

On the TFL website it says I can, for example, get a card with £5 credit but have to pay a £3 refundable deposit. How/when is the deposit given back to me exactly? And can you check/topup your balance online?
P1CK4D

13th Oct 10 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work for TfL. So here you go. When you have finished with the Oyster card, just take it back to a Underground/Train station that issue the cards and you will have your £3 refunded. Online check/top is un-available, has to be done at a Top Up point but these are EVERYWHERE, in sweetshops etc.
P1CK4D

13th Oct 10 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, while your here, how much travelling will you actually be doing on the buses and underground?
Sam
Premium Member

13th Oct 10 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do they charge the deposit for?

I'll be travelling within zone 1 on the tube, but my wife occasionally has to go to London for work so we'd be sharing the card as well and just doing PAYG topup really as it obviously costs more to get a normal cash fare/travelcard.
Sam
Premium Member

13th Oct 10 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

(obviously we won't be using the card at the same time BTW )
P1CK4D

13th Oct 10 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The deposit it charged to cover the cost to manufacter the cards, so that if people do not return them once they have finished with them, TfL won't be at a loss

If your not travelling regular enough, an Oyster card is the best bet.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Londoners that use Oyster cards 23 database queries in 0.2811360 seconds