corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » club 100/ tkm extremes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author club 100/ tkm extremes
tom130691
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Nov 10 at 23:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anybody driven one ?

i had ago today in one on a test day for the BUKC (rye house)
and had never driven a 2 stroke kart and i swear for the whole first session i was constantly drifting or locking up and spinning after panicing

second was good real smooth shaved 3 seconds off per lap i know i can go quicker but it was my first go and i didnt want to push it

for those who dont know they do 5-60 in 4.5 seconds
direct drive no clutch hence 5-60 they have to be bump started
Paul_J

10th Nov 10 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I did a test at rye house there last month. Did something like a 53.1 lap which was alright for first time.

I kept locking up the brakes and have since realised on a direct drive kart it is best to jab at the brake and release, rather than gradually push it on.

I didn't think they were 'that' fast though, compared to the other 2 stroke karts (Rotax Max).
tom130691
Premium Member

11th Nov 10 at 00:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have never driven any othe r2stroke just 4 stroke honda indoor karts
my best lap was terrible around 56 iirc
but as said first time i know i will be quicker next time, yellows practically every corner didnt help

i recon if i was to go back soonish i would shave another second or two, i did that at and indoor in bham went first time 58.3 next week with the uni 56.071

and club 100 are one kart down some pleb crashed into the scrutineers bay and wrote one off,

[Edited on 11-11-2010 by saxo_tom]
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

11th Nov 10 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by saxo_tom
and club 100 are one kart down some pleb crashed into the scrutineers bay and wrote one off

JV will not be a happy bunny then
I loved Rye when I was racing in the BUKC, although we only went there in 2008 - they didn't hold a round there in 2009 IIRC.

My favourite track we used was definitely Clay Pigeon though, such a fast sweeping track
tom130691
Premium Member

11th Nov 10 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no he stopped the session for like 10min an gave everyone abuse
alan-g-w

11th Nov 10 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I was down in Cornwall me and my mate went to a go-kart track, can't remember the name of it. But it had twin engined Hondas that could go 90mph, that was some experience.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » club 100/ tkm extremes 23 database queries in 0.0095880 seconds