corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Skoda Fabia VRS - Talk to me...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Skoda Fabia VRS - Talk to me...
antnee

User status: Offline
18th Nov 10 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Mk3 and Mk4 Ibiza are completely different cars, one was designed in the early 90's the other in the early 00's!
taylorboosh

20th Nov 10 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbf the size and interior ect are very similar......
going by what you wrote in another thread, skoda use bits that have already been tested on seat, vw and audi, so a fabia probably shares a lot of bits with an 02 ibiza dont you think? or is this another case of cs changing facts to make them relevant in a current argument?
just admit it, these fabias arent anything special
John

20th Nov 10 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mk3 ibiza is not the same as the mk4 platform that the fabia is based on, fact.

You thinking it's nothing special is your opinion, try and base your opinion on some fact though and possibly more than you having had a completely different car and that you sat in one.
taylorboosh

20th Nov 10 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just dont think they are as good as people make them out to be. they are also overpriced
belton

20th Nov 10 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No and no. You will pay about £400 more for a vrs that an Ibiza sport, considering how much you get I fail to see how they are overpriced at all unless you are comparing it to something shit like a Suzuki swift sport arguing it is also the 'sport' model
Steve
Premium Member

20th Nov 10 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my old one

looked alright from the side imo
taylorboosh

20th Nov 10 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes steve, that one actually does look nice. also i still think they pull a premium for what they are
John

20th Nov 10 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've sat in corsa vxr, fabia must be shit imo.
taylorboosh

20th Nov 10 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I've sat in corsa vxr, fabia must be shit imo.

glad you agree
Ben G

20th Nov 10 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its got nothing on the puma
antnee

20th Nov 10 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
going by what you wrote in another thread, skoda use bits that have already been tested on seat, vw and audi, so a fabia probably shares a lot of bits with an 02 ibiza dont you think? or is this another case of cs changing facts to make them relevant in a current argument?

You mean they are both the same size? Interior is completely different, different chassis different car.

The fabia uses suspension taken from the mk4 golf chassis, also the pd tdi engine didn't come in the mk3 ibiza.

How can they be overpriced? New they were about 12k which is what you pay for the basic mini!
taylorboosh

20th Nov 10 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i mean they are overpriced now for what tehy are. the interior has exactly the same feel of chatty and shitness my ibiza did and a lot of the bits look near enough the same
taylorboosh

20th Nov 10 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
quote:
Originally posted by john-d

You mean they are both the same size? Interior is completely different, different chassis different car.

The fabia uses suspension taken from the mk4 golf chassis, also the pd tdi engine didn't come in the mk3 ibiza.

How can they be overpriced? New they were about 12k which is what you pay for the basic mini!

Originally posted by antnee
That was just an example, I don't have access to dates when technology was rolled out on the various VAG platforms
xa0s
Banned

20th Nov 10 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love mine, the interior is fine except the white seats, I'm getting mine done in leather on Monday but other than that I love mine, the black roof is slick too. Spend a bit for stage 2 and you have a 220-230bhp car which will sit at 60mpg on motorway runs. I'm the first to admit I'd prefer a petrol turbo but the vRS costs me £500 on insurance, lowest quote for a Astra VXR or Cupra R was well over £2,000.
CORSA NUT

20th Nov 10 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

60 mpg will it fuck never got more than 50 out of mine
xa0s
Banned

20th Nov 10 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
60 mpg will it fuck never got more than 50 out of mine

Done Liverpool and back on an averaged 63mpg (according to the trip counter/computer). I got 48mpg driving round my town...

[Edited on 20-11-2010 by xa0s]
John

20th Nov 10 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My trip computer was miles out on my mapped fabia, average 37 real mpg mainly town driving to work and back with the odd blast.
xa0s
Banned

20th Nov 10 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
My trip computer was miles out on my mapped fabia, average 37 real mpg mainly town driving to work and back with the odd blast.

I have wondered about it's accuracy but yeah I'm going by the counter which I presume everyone else is who talks about MPG, they can't all be working it out manually.
John

20th Nov 10 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I worked out how far out it was once then it was easy to work out from then on in.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Skoda Fabia VRS - Talk to me... 23 database queries in 0.1491461 seconds