corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 20xe 'boring out'

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 20xe 'boring out'
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Nov 10 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone is trying to tell me that you can bore a 20xe out to 2.4/2.5 litres.

I quite frankly dont believe them, or the fact that you can get any more than 260/270 brake out of one

I smell shite, anyone else?

Philip2 should have the answers
P1CK4D

21st Nov 10 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Archie
Philip2 should have the answers

u2u him then?

Corsa_Scotty

21st Nov 10 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only ones ive seen is 2.1 litre cant say ive seen higher than that
Corsa_Sport21

21st Nov 10 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would probably need stroked to make a 2.4/2.5.Boring it that much would go through the cylinder walls i would have thought.
IIRC you can somehow mate the 2.2 bottom end up and possibly bore that to a 2.4.

Werent touring car spec XE's near 300bhp??
Nic Barnes

21st Nov 10 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

299bhp xe from sbd

think biggest pistons are 88mm which gives it just under 2100 cc
Archie
Premium Member

21st Nov 10 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsasport 21, i was always under the impression 2.1 was the most the liners could take.

Maybe its just because i've had a couple beers but it annoys me when people make such ridiculous claims, especially given the money figures being thrown around.
philip2

21st Nov 10 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here are a few links to some 'stroked' XE's....2.5 xes are the latest to come from JRE iirc using a 22xe block but his own crank, rods, pistons etc.

http://www.motorsport-sales.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=320&products_id=2261&zenid=c695eec2fa74aa794831221e18b94c78

http://www.motorsport-sales.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=320&products_id=1057

http://www.motorsport-sales.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=320&products_id=2263

mega mega money engines, JRE actually have to weld the outside of the inlet ports as they machine them to something like 28mm and actually break through on number 3 inlet i think.
Archie
Premium Member

21st Nov 10 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats fucking nuts like.

philip2

21st Nov 10 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could still get 270bhp...sensible ish as a 2.0, you can loose as much as 8bhp top end if went for a 25 or 26mm port bored head instead of a 27mm port bored head
Phillips_91

21st Nov 10 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by philip2
JRE actually have to weld the outside of the inlet ports

Watch you dont blow the welds on the intake
spikedjack

22nd Nov 10 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

swindon 20xe's are 300horse as a 2.0 arent they?
Havoc
Banned

22nd Nov 10 at 02:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just over 300 bhp has been had out of a 2.0 16v, its a lot of money though.
philip2

22nd Nov 10 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i reckon theres a good £10k to build a 300bhp xe, id like to give it a go, but tbh all the power would be too high up and not that good to drive on the road..260 or so bhp is 'liveable' to use on the road just about
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

22nd Nov 10 at 10:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant really take it all the way to 2.1 but you can get close safely, most people that go for big power use the block from the newer 2.2 16v which was found in the mk4 astra

[Edited on 22-11-2010 by Stoneyginger]
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

22nd Nov 10 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by philip2
i reckon theres a good £10k to build a 300bhp xe, id like to give it a go, but tbh all the power would be too high up and not that good to drive on the road..260 or so bhp is 'liveable' to use on the road just about

i drove luckyB's old 250 bhp corsa and it was very driveable, we drove it to bruntingthorpe and back to aberdeen in scotland and it was no different to a normal car. Really 300bhp would be fine if you do it right ie throttle bodies with an LSD. Throttle bodies are a much more manageable power to put to the ground than the turbo's. Ooooooooooh also make sure it is mapped well, obviously some new management systems these days can allow for a number of maps that you can switch between for say, track max power and road lower power more manageable for the road.

[Edited on 22-11-2010 by Stoneyginger]
philip2

22nd Nov 10 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whos lucky b just ive seen some peoples claim for 250bhp and the spec would be lucky to see 220bhp. 300bhp is a 9k+ revving engine, there wont be any pull from under 4.5k or so and would need refreshing/rebuilding every 12 months maximum id of thought to keep[ it at that power and i doubt a double plated clutch in any car would be fun especially as if i was running near that power id want a dog box or atleast a sccr box and dogboxes arent nice on the road.

quote:

Really 300bhp would be fine if you do it right ie throttle bodies with an LSD

steel crank, dry sumped, slipper pistons, special length rods, +2mm valves, mega headwork, 320dur cams with maybe 12.5mm+ lift, itbs, 7.25 or even 5.5inch flywheel/clutch set up etc. its alot of money and i doubt very much you would want it to drive as a daily

88mm pistons on a stock crank will give 2098cc so as good as a 2.1, the stock xe is 1998cc so here nor there on being close really

[Edited on 22-11-2010 by philip2]

[Edited on 22-11-2010 by philip2]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 20xe 'boring out' 23 database queries in 0.0123711 seconds