corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bose VideoWave

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bose VideoWave
Russ

User status: Offline
23rd Nov 10 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
yeah its expensive but if you start to consider cost on Av receivers a good speaker setup and TV its over 4k easily

So whay would you pay £2k more for the same thing?

The same reason Apple fanboys pay over the odds for hardware that is mostly the same as their PC equivalents.
*sniffs bait*
*walks on by*
Rob_Quads

23rd Nov 10 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
how its sounds considering the speakers are integrated as it provides 5.1 surround

Provided you have that ideal square box or a room. Have any doorways or curtains on one side and it will all start to go amis. Things like this are good but whem compared with a real 5.1 system there is no shadow which is the real system.

I've never liked bose for the simple reason they whore out the brand to other companies i.e. you get cars with a BOSE audio system....which is actually a bog standard head unit like a clarion with Bose speakers.
Dom

23rd Nov 10 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
quote:
how its sounds considering the speakers are integrated as it provides 5.1 surround

Provided you have that ideal square box or a room. Have any doorways or curtains on one side and it will all start to go amis. Things like this are good but whem compared with a real 5.1 system there is no shadow which is the real system.

I've never liked bose for the simple reason they whore out the brand to other companies i.e. you get cars with a BOSE audio system....which is actually a bog standard head unit like a clarion with Bose speakers.

Surround sound bars have been around a while, virtual surround even longer and Bose system is basically a combination of these two. As said the major drawback is that you have to have the optimum room for it to work - add a curtain to the (reflective) path and the channel is going to attenuate rapidly. Although apparently the system can calibrate itself and it'll be interesting to know how this works, as usually you take measurements (reverberation, SPL etc) from the seating position but I’ve yet to read anything that suggests you get an external mic in the package (so I assume it does it from the TV which is odd).

This might be ideal where space is tight but then again there are plenty of manufacturers that produce small speakers and a 'separates' system will easily beat this (if setup correctly).
whitter45

23rd Nov 10 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree completely with the above but still think its a good product but priced accordingly for what BOSE offers (i.e over priced)
oceansoul

23rd Nov 10 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
quote:

Im the omega, its not just bose speakers. Its a bose amp, and all the speakers a 2Ohm. Difference impedance outputs. It actually does sound better to standard.....but not better than after market kit.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bose VideoWave 23 database queries in 0.0119760 seconds