corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Taking a car off the road

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Taking a car off the road
Mertin

User status: Offline
28th Nov 10 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Decided to take the ibiza off the road for winter and getting an astra as a run around

Just wondered if theres anything I should do or watch out for? Giving it a good wash and few layers of wax, start it regularly and keep battery charged. Oh and check coolant. Might manage to get it into a shed, dont know yet though

Might manage to give it a run every now and again too to scrub up brakes
pow
Premium Member

28th Nov 10 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why? It's an Ibiza TDI FFS!

I ran mine through snow, ice the works.

[Edited on 28-11-2010 by pow]
John

28th Nov 10 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with pow, stupid craze of taking your bog standard car off the road to drive a shitter car about in the cold.
Mertin

28th Nov 10 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a dent on the front wing to get sorted and getting front end resprayed at the same time so Id rather not have it covered in stone chips again from grit. Most of my driving isnt on main roads and if it snows as much as they say, and anything like the start of the year and the last few days then id rather run a shitter than have some twat hit me or struggle ploughing through snow in the ibiza eceryday. Planning going snowboarding up the cairngorms alot too so better for getting folk/boards in too
pow
Premium Member

28th Nov 10 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could also pick a million excuses to take the MiTo off the road for a few months, but it cost me x thousand pounds, it's economical, reliable, it starts on the first turn of the key and I have insurance for when someone hits me.
Ian W

28th Nov 10 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I agree with pow, stupid craze of taking your bog standard car off the road to drive a shitter car about in the cold.
Mertin

28th Nov 10 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Each to their own, for me I see it makes sense to do so I will

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Taking a car off the road 23 database queries in 0.0163109 seconds