corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa sport on bike carbs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa sport on bike carbs
8vcorsa

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will it easy to put r1 bike carbs on my corsa x16xe sport ?? and how much would it be or is there a cheaper way etc
Jon_C
Premium Member

3rd Dec 10 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sure i read on here that R1 carbs are too big for a 1600. R6 ones would be better.
8vcorsa

4th Dec 10 at 01:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh is bike carbs the cheapest way ??
AlexW

4th Dec 10 at 01:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your need management for the ign. Its not great power gains eather.

[Edited on 04-12-2010 by AW06]
philip2

4th Dec 10 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Its not great power gains eather

ive had 20xes making 225bhp on a relatively mild engine, they do work very well. im runing r1 carbs on my 1600 now, but i do have rods, omegas, race springs, caps, custom profile newman cams etc, people say there too big but there not that big, they work on a sliding choke iirc, mines due back on the rollers to get set up so ill let you know how it goes.

but to do bike carbs you need megajolt minimum, i machinesd the original crank trigger off the bottom pulley and tig wleded the new one on and ran 2 pressure regs. if want, pop down and have a look at my set up
corsadonk
Premium Member

4th Dec 10 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll will need it to be mappable, so you might as well go for bike bodies, and should see better gains.
philip2

4th Dec 10 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need what mappable? you only need megajolt for the ignition and away you go, half decent management will set him back maybe 700 if bought new and i doubt he was looking at spendign so much
corsadonk
Premium Member

4th Dec 10 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by philip2
need what mappable? you only need megajolt for the ignition and away you go, half decent management will set him back maybe 700 if bought new and i doubt he was looking at spendign so much

The ignition like you said. Megasquirt will do the job, for a bit more, and then you can control the fuel also, carbs are good, but you have more control with bodies, easier to start without a choke, better economy, I also found not many people know anything about carbs anymore, local to me anyway.

What are you using it for?
derick-sport

4th Dec 10 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bogg brothers do manifolds for these and might even do a package iv heard of even 1.4 8v running r1 carbs but if you get in touch with bogg bros they will point you in the right direction
philip2

4th Dec 10 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im using megajolt not mega squirt matey, my mates are shit hot with carbs and tuning at their rolling road so im lucky i guess.
Linch

5th Dec 10 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Omex 200 would be a good choice too, if you have a extra bit of money. Carbs are fine as long as they are set up right as philip says.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa sport on bike carbs 23 database queries in 0.0111351 seconds