corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Kinect

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Kinect
Paul_J

User status: Offline
12th Dec 10 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone else used one yet? My mate has one and we were all playing it at the weekend. Great laugh.

It seemed better than the Wii, as what you did = what happened in game. Where as the wii you have to figure out what you need to make the controller to do to make it get the best results in game.

I love the fact that it literally replicated all my mates actions, even when he was just waiting and scratching his arse, or was turned to the side and drinking his beer not realising it was still capturing his motions.

All they need to do now is bring out some GOOD games which are not some childish shit. Something first person and good like a really good fighting game would be awesome.

Anyone else used one yet?
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could you imagine driving on it.. wierd!
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

12th Dec 10 at 21:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive not seen it in action. its good then?

picks up slight movement?

i was thinking it would be annoying and not pick up everything
Paul_J

12th Dec 10 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
could you imagine driving on it.. wierd!

no ... would suck definitely.

Thats the one problem there's nothing tactile and so you over throw your arms, e.g. like punching in the boxing you hurt your sholders and arms by hitting nothing.

But some form of first person shooter could be good and a decent boxing game.

Ivk you have to calibrate it, but yeah it seems to pick up every movement legs / arms / torso etc, e.g. when I was boxing I decided to throw a kick even though it wouldn't register in that boxing game and in the replay, you still see me kicking

2 annoying things are, you need a fairly large area to play it... e.g. some games require you to literally run around the room / jump about etc.

Another annoying thing is having too many people in the room with you in front of the device, e.g. swapping players it sometimes still tracks the old player despite them moving quite far away from the 'play zone'.

Comparing the bowling on kinect to the wii, I felt I was more in control on the kinect / closer to my real life actions. On the wii, when I did my bowling move it would always add some annoying spin and gutter ball it. That said, the games on kinect I played felt a bit too easy.
Russ

12th Dec 10 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have it. Picks up everything. It's an awesome big of kit. Only one good game out though :/
Cavey

12th Dec 10 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£130 worth of awesomeness?
Russ

12th Dec 10 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not unless you like dance central. When there's a proper game out though. Will be worth it.
Cavey

12th Dec 10 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I hope it does well, it's the kind of technology that should be the future, so fingers crossed it'll evolve into something worthwhile
jezza

12th Dec 10 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and my brother both have one! He wanted one so I ordered it to get my staff discount, but 2 got delivered! Love it

Unfortunately my bedroom set up is totally unsuitable for it right now, so can't get much use out of it. Definitely beats wearing a headset when in a party though!
Cole

13th Dec 10 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got it and yes its awesome
Cole

13th Dec 10 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

next yr there is some good titles coming out gow3 has been put back so it can be kinect compatible there is a star was game coming out which will utilise a light sabre forza 4 will be kinect compatible by 2012 all the big names will be making games kinect compatible and that was all from a freind who works for microsoft
noshua

13th Dec 10 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CTJL5lUjHg&feature=player_embedded

Reecemac

13th Dec 10 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even better in the related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-wLOfjVfVc
noshua

14th Dec 10 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This too; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1PVd5ck_Iw&feature=related
AdZ9

14th Dec 10 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have one and it's awesome, the first time since i've been with my Mrs and actually seen her play on a computer/console as well! (although i did buy her Dance Central for it so she could play - I can only do the Soulja Boy one!)

Can't wait for the next set of games out on it, where it will actually use the system very well. I'd love it if Fifa came out as compatible and you used virtual pro with it!

New Poll