corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car accident, would you stop and help?

Poll: car accident, would you stop and help?
  should've stopped
  keep going

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car accident, would you stop and help?
Ben G

User status: Offline
24th Dec 10 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it could've, but then they wouldn't have managed to put the hazards on would they?

they had quite clearly gone straight on instead of going round the corner.
BarnshaW

24th Dec 10 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
ah well, me and the missus are ok so that's all that matters.

well then hopefully one day you will never end up in a field or crash on a country lane at night because if you do i hope no fucker helps you or your precious missus

[Edited on 24-12-2010 by BarnshaW]
Ben G

24th Dec 10 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people make me laugh on here.

you protect your own. he could've been drugged up or anything.

like i said, i've stopped before to help someone but i just didn't like the look of this so didn't stop.
BarnshaW

24th Dec 10 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

protect your own where and when has this started then? maybe i have been brought up differently then but the morally right thing to do would be to check, not be a little wimp and drive off. simple really, as someone mentioned a quick pull up and a shout might even be enough, thats if your missus dont minf you shouting near her ear or anything.
Ben G

24th Dec 10 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was nearly 1am and i drove past slowly, couldn't see anyone, though it was pitch black, hazards were on as were the lights and didn't look like it had rolled over.

i'm not a hero though, just a regular guy wanting to get home so maybe i'm just a loser.
neil h

24th Dec 10 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
you protect your own. he could've been drugged up or anything.

like i said, i've stopped before to help someone but i just didn't like the look of this so didn't stop.

Fair enough if it seemed dodgie too you then don't stop. But i gotta be honest that aside what ever the cause of the crash if it looks like there maybe someone injured and/or alone then i'd like to think i'd stop, purely on the basis that person may need help and it may mean the difference between life and death.
BarnshaW

24th Dec 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would say so, if everyone only cared for their own in this world nowadays it would be quite a sadistic world to be honest. Lucky i guess there are still some decent people out there
Mike GSi

24th Dec 10 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i witnessed someone driving dangerously i.e ovetaking round blind bends etc, then later on up the road i see them in a ditch etc i probably would think serves your right and drive past, but in a situation where you dont know the cause etc i would stop without even thinking.

In fact i wa sfirst on the scene to a motorbike accident, he had overtaken me a couple of minutes before (not dangerously) i came over the brow of a hill to see smoke and debris everywhere. My instant thought was 'he has to be dead' he wasnt, he was really cut up and bleeding bad, i said to him he needed to go to hospital but was not happy about going, it turns out he was drunk and had an arguement with his wife.

If i had have known this i wouldnt have stopped but i didnt.

He then just started to walk home after clearing the debris on the road. Just left him to it.
am4nf

24th Dec 10 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RCoughtrie
I would of just kept driving past.

A few years ago my mate chris was coming home from work down some country lanes and seen a van in the feild, he stop over and ran down to see if everyone was okay only to get battered round the head and knocked out, when he woke he was wrapped in an old carpit with no trousers or pants on only to find the guy pushing his locking nuts deep into his anus.

wtf ryan, on the drink?
am4nf

24th Dec 10 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive stopped a few times, even drove a woman about 5 miles onto a main road once as she was hesterical from her car sliding about

If I seen a crash id defo stop as im a first aider, never no how badly hurt they could be, your actions could save their life, even if you dont know what your doing, could be an old buddy with no mobile and the phone call you make to 999 makes the difference

[Edited on 24-12-2010 by am4nf]
Tomnova16
Premium Member

24th Dec 10 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had the same thing with the mrs earlier this year.
Car was upside down in a ditch. We stopped and a guy stood by the car said it's ok help is on the way. He looked drunk so meh.
Should always stop though. Imagine reading in the paper next week someone was stuck in their car for hours.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
marklaruk

25th Dec 10 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh i clicked shoulf of stopped, but understand reluctance with the setting (no lights n shit)
Root

25th Dec 10 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought most people would vote "should have stopped" despite this being a lie. Most people would continue irregardless. I fell off my bike in the middle of the road once and had cars speeding inches from my head on either side without stopping for me, despite my headlights being on.
3CorsaMeal

25th Dec 10 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it all depends on how good the car is tbh, no point stopping if its something boring

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car accident, would you stop and help? 24 database queries in 0.0434070 seconds