corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Paint Guns....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Paint Guns....
sxibeast

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 10 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So some bellend at my work has filled one of my guns with Dulux white emulsion paint and another with Hammerite black. I have just discovered them (as i do not use them that often) and managed to get a fair amount of paint out and off them, however most is thick and gloopy!

I'm not wanting to do a full gun strip down (though it may come to this) but was wondering how and what people clean their guns with?

Also, any tips for removing the remaining emulsion and hammerite from inside the guns?

Oh, and the paint pots seem to now have a rough 'grainy' finish to them! Shall i scrap them and get new?

alan-g-w

22nd Dec 10 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried bunging them in a bucket of thinners?
derick-sport

22nd Dec 10 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with hammerite the only thing that will get rid of it is their own brand of thinners but if its dry the guns as good as knackard. use it at work alot its horrible stuff

on the otherhand the emulsion is just water based so try running a lot of hot water through the gun but your best bet is to strip it down as when it dries it goes flaky and may come out when using your gun which would be a further nightmare

hope this helps

[Edited on 22-12-2010 by derick-sport]
Phillips_91

22nd Dec 10 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the bell end at your work to buy you a new gun if you know who it was
Alex_Rally

22nd Dec 10 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ad go fucking mental with the clever cunt who did that
sxibeast

22nd Dec 10 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He has been warned previously for using my guns and using unsuitable paints in them, but he is an absolute tard!

Will try the bucket o thinners, but if that doesn't work then he will be buying my a replacement!

The paint hoppers feel rough on the inside. Think its best to scrap or soak them also?
Jenko_Sport

22nd Dec 10 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stripping guns down is a piece of piss to do, go buy a small brush cleaning kit and get a small drum of thinners. May take abit but will come clean.

What gun is it?
sxibeast

26th Dec 10 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure what gun it is! Had it a while though!

Work needs more thinners so will get extra in to clean them!

Just hoping they clean up 100%!
Graeme
Premium Member

26th Dec 10 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

strip it fully down and i mean everything off, all packing nuts, threads, needles, everything, get a good size mixing tub and fill it with thinners, leave the gun to soak for a few days in there and then get a cleaning brush and just scrub it all with more thinners, then get some more fresh thinners, in the tub and soak it again.

Only way really.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Paint Guns.... 23 database queries in 0.0235579 seconds