corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa b engine help please?!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa b engine help please?!!
Christopher

User status: Offline
1st Jan 11 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys! heres the basic story:
Ive got a 1.0 corsa b and 2 days ago i bought a 1.2!! It only has 50,000 miles on the clock but ive noticed so many differences! (Mainly due to having 4 cylinders) However its come to my attention, when changing into 2nd and putting my foot down to 3rd there is a power delay! The only way i can describe it is its as if i have an performance air filter on! The power dips for a second or 2 and then catches on and it goes! Could this be the filter needs changing in the air filter? Spark plugss?? Another thing ive noticed which may or may not be part of it but when im still for after a minute or so my engine temp goes up to 95? However i have plenty of water! So maybe the fan not working properly?? I dont really have a clue about engines and will be taking it to my mechanic soon but just wanted to see if it could be a regular problem or whether you guys know what it is?? Thanks alot!!
Chris
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be in help zone but the temp thing probably isn't an issue, the fan only kicks in at about 97-99 degrees.

With the other problem, I'm guessing the 1.2 is a 16v? If so, all the sensors are the same as the 1ltr. I had a similar problem but I changed that many sensors trying to fix it that I can't remember what actually fixed it. If you're handy enough though, rather than taking it to a garage, I'd try swapping sensors over from the 1ltr then once you've found the problem you can just replace that 1 sensor. If you do go down that route the AFM is always a good starting point
AlexW

1st Jan 11 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed, Try the 1.0 AFM on the 1.2, That sounds like the problem.
merlokquest

1st Jan 11 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
Should be in help zone but the temp thing probably isn't an issue, the fan only kicks in at about 97-99 degrees.

With the other problem, I'm guessing the 1.2 is a 16v? If so, all the sensors are the same as the 1ltr. I had a similar problem but I changed that many sensors trying to fix it that I can't remember what actually fixed it. If you're handy enough though, rather than taking it to a garage, I'd try swapping sensors over from the 1ltr then once you've found the problem you can just replace that 1 sensor. If you do go down that route the AFM is always a good starting point
this is help zone and also was wondering when you say delay does it bog down or is it just slow climbing up the rev range until about 3,000 RPM?

New Poll