corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Strange headunit problem - sound but no display?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Strange headunit problem - sound but no display?
dan_m1les

User status: Offline
6th Jan 11 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Morning all!

Something strange has happened to my head unit in the last few days. It'll all be fine and then the display will cut out. I still have audio and can adjust the volume change from radio to iPod etc.

Lasts about 30 seconds then the display comes back on? Its probably happened about 5/6 times since yesterday morning.

Its a brand new Kenwood BT50U unit I fitted around 3 weeks ago and hadn't had a problem till yesterday.

Rich H

6th Jan 11 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a loose / poor connection for the display part. Probably a warranty issue.
dan_m1les

6th Jan 11 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ring up car audio security then on my lunch, I assumed it must be a fault as I still have sound and everything else.
Rich H

6th Jan 11 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worth just checking there isn't any obvious damage or whatever else on the contacts between the faceplate and the headunit, but I expect it'll be something more than that!

Being 3 weeks old you shouldn't have much issue getting it sorted though I'd have thought
dan_m1les

6th Jan 11 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i'll pop the face plate off and have a quick look, but ive never taken it off since installing the unit.

Thanks for the help
Fro

6th Jan 11 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to get this on my Alpine but that was because I didnt put the front on properly
Phillips_91

6th Jan 11 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
Used to get this on my Alpine but that was because I didnt put the front on properly

was going to say is it the faceplate loose, my kenwood does it occasionally over bumps
Stu-G

6th Jan 11 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the facia plate connections to the stereo- contacts or a ribbon?
dan_m1les

6th Jan 11 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its contacts, at lunch I took the front of gave it the magic blow and put it back on... Hopefully its fixed the problem.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Strange headunit problem - sound but no display? 23 database queries in 0.0128059 seconds