corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anyone know anything about vehicle diagnostics?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anyone know anything about vehicle diagnostics?
baza31

User status: Offline
12th Jan 11 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above, ive been toying with the idea for a long time really, i always take mine and customers motors to a chap who only charges me a tenner but i may take 10 a week . So i am now going to buy one . I knlw there is 1000s and most cheap shit from china , the ones i have been looking at are

1)snap-on solus pro

2) Launch x431 (not the new one but the one with the printer the actual x431)

can anyone reccomend any more? which one is best from abouve and easiest to use?

cheers
BeArDy

12th Jan 11 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Launch is best all around system mate.
I have the Snapon BUT always using my mates Launch as Snapon will not read it.
baza31

12th Jan 11 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well thats that, is his the actual x431 or the newer one with red on it? the one ive been looking at is fully black with a little printer.

cant believe how many fake versions there is . I need to check if you buy from a non dealer that you get support updates? ie can i buy of a retiring auto electrician say?
Jakey
Premium Member

12th Jan 11 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much is that Launch system jobby?
LeeM

12th Jan 11 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've used the snapon solus a few times, worked fine every time. No experience of the launch I'm afraid
DaveyLC

12th Jan 11 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a Solus down the yard.. Its a bit cumbersome and they are tight on the updates.. I'd go with the Launch.
baza31

12th Jan 11 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Got a Solus down the yard.. Its a bit cumbersome and they are tight on the updates.. I'd go with the Launch.

are the updates on launch better then? i know its expensive somewhere around £800 but that buys two years. Only problem is if your not doing new cars but the range seems to stretch alot further with the launch of different car brands where the snap on doesnt . I do think id be fine with snap on for what i will need it for but for sake of £700 more i might as well but a half decent one and shove an add in the paper for £10 diagnostics . An asain who does all mine at the moment charges a £10 , you have to go to his place but he can earn £200+ a day theres always people there
daymoon
Premium Member

12th Jan 11 at 15:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our local place charges 30 + vat for a scan.

They told me it cost them 2 grand though.

When i had my car scanned it said error Code ( specific to car), what it meant and possible cause for it.
baza31

12th Jan 11 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes well we charge customers 30 but have to take their car down the road for it doing but it's time really takes me longer to get there and back than him to do it. If I advertise for £10 I think I should (hopefully) get plenty of work . They are £2400 Inc vat . There's a few second hand units about but they won't let you re register if it's not uk supplied . I am going to bite the bullet and get one direct with 3 years warrenty and 2yrs updates . Updates are quite expensive so when you work a 2nd hand unit at 900 plus updating its worth while getting a new one as I can imagine them been a tad expensive to repair . Hopefully they will be straight forward to use, do they have onscreen step by step ?
daymoon
Premium Member

12th Jan 11 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

charge £20 imho

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anyone know anything about vehicle diagnostics? 23 database queries in 0.0092919 seconds