corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Petrol gauge a real guessing game...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Petrol gauge a real guessing game...
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   16th Jan 11 at 23:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not overly bothered about this, but, if it's a cheap/free fix then I'll 'ave a go!

I remember my W reg Corsa gauge shifting about a little when on the move, going round corners or braking hard, the KA is also a little like that, both +/- 5 litres at the most... but, the shed's gauge (95 1.2 v8) is really bad, I'm talking half a tank up or to the bottom of the gauge down (I'm only sticking in £10.23 at a time - 8 litres lol). The only time the gauge reads correct is when it's been stood still for a good few seconds. Even just normal driving it's all over the place... what could be causing this?
Fulton

17th Jan 11 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea my 1.2 8v used to do it, somebody told me it was the damper on the gauge was fuck, didnt do it when i fitted the gsi ones.
pow
Premium Member

17th Jan 11 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh cool, I'm on the lookout for some revcounter clocks
JaffaTB

17th Jan 11 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i heard its a resistor that has blown on the counter that lets it read too fast so as the level is splashing about in the fuel so is the gauge lol
pow
Premium Member

17th Jan 11 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That on the back of the clocks?
saj_123

17th Jan 11 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same with mine, mine is not that bad, but when I start the car or I am stood somewhere for a while then its correct. Although I have changed the speedo and not that much difference.
JaffaTB

17th Jan 11 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
That on the back of the clocks?

yeah i assume so (the back of the fuel gauge)

probably just quicker and cheaper to replace the whole clocks though

New Poll