corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Didn't have much to do today so showed the corsa abit of attention

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Didn't have much to do today so showed the corsa abit of attention
J200RSA

User status: Offline
16th Jan 11 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With me doing the v6 conversion on the astra coupe i lost interest with the corsa and left it in the garage for months jacked up with its gearbox off. Well today i felt sorry for it and bought it a flywheel and a uprated clutch so now i can put the f28 back on to it.
I had to go keighley ( its near bradistan ) to collect the clutch and flywheel up and when i got some started to fit it.

but thats as far as i got as i don't have the bolts to put the clutch on so will need to go to vaux on tuesday to get some, so that was that i was abit pissed a couldn't get the box fitted and put the corsa back on it wheel for the 1st time in about 8months so i decided to modify my engine cover.

On the 3.0 engine it uses plastic rocker covers which always leak so i bought some metal ones from the vectra which i'm gonna get painted, only problem with the vectra ones is the oil cap is in a different place to the omega ones so out came the dremel, fibreglass and filler.

And thats how it turned out, not the neatest of circles for the oil cap but i'm able to take it on and off so it will do. Ill give it my dad on tuesday to paint and upload a pic when its all nice and shiny black.
J200RSA

21st Jan 11 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got some pics of my engine cover as promised, also put the clutch on so can get the box on sometime this weekend.

Engine before

Engine after

Engine cover turned out better than i thought

[Edited on 21-01-2011 by J200RSA]
sand-eel

22nd Jan 11 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks fucken good that
J200RSA

22nd Jan 11 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate, was a fuck about to paint as it reacted to the lacquer twice, was worth all the sanding though
noshua

22nd Jan 11 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any reason you chose a 3.0 V6 over the "traditional" 20XE or 20LET?
J200RSA

22nd Jan 11 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had the 3.0 corsa about 2-3years now, i didn't want another 20xe corsa as i wasn't that impressed with my old one, don't get me wrong it was a nippy little thing but over rated, i did want a LET but then i thought if things go wrong its a expensive engine to replace and ive of spent thousands on bigger turbo, inlets etc. The reason i went for the 3.0 is because its not as common as the others, it fills up the engine bay plus ive never heard of anyone mess with them to get more power out of them, mine has a work of art 6 branch manifold which ive never seen on anyone elses plus it should be around 230-250 bhp, i'm aiming to get it to 300bhp but to do that the inlet needs to be changed and ive been looking into throttle bodies but not seen that many done. Also the noise it makes is unreal.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Didn't have much to do today so showed the corsa abit of attention 23 database queries in 0.3577909 seconds