corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Looks like I need new suspension really :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Looks like I need new suspension really :(
SeanXE

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 11 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Again another question relating to my new rear springs..
When I was putting my slabs back on the car yesterday I noticed that when I jack it up from the side (on the sills) the rear spring on the side thats jacked up becomes loose..

So I then jacked the car up by the rear axle so the car was sitting even, and they were fine.. but for obvious reasons I'm wanting to buy some shorter legged suspension at the rear at least.. Any suggestions on shocks or coilys?

At the minute I have the G-Max shocks, originally 60mm front and rear but now the rear has the 80mm springs on.

Hope all that makes sence.

[Edited on 22-01-2011 by SeanXE]
scottyp1989

22nd Jan 11 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they will do it even if you have shorter shocks, wouldnt worry TBH
SeanXE

22nd Jan 11 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scottyp1989
they will do it even if you have shorter shocks, wouldnt worry TBH

Oh really? Would you be scared that the springs would pop out? Although the jack has to be pretty high for them to be loose
AndyCorsaSport

22nd Jan 11 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just cable tie the springs to the rear beam, then if you jack it up they dont fall out.

Mates Tigra's rear springs used to fall out all the time if you put it up on a 2 poster ramp.
3CorsaMeal

22nd Jan 11 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a common thing to happen on that type of spring.

am sure you can buy something to hold the springs in, or just cable tie them to the axle, may need to drill a hole for that
SeanXE

22nd Jan 11 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh right, I will give it a go when the weather gets atleast dry aslong as they dont pop out I'm not really bothered, my mot isn't till november but wouldn't it fail for that too?
scottyp1989

22nd Jan 11 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get rubber cone things that you attatch to the beam if you want something like that, iv only ever seen them for off roading tho so you would have to cut them down.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Looks like I need new suspension really :( 23 database queries in 0.0119710 seconds