corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Samsung UE40C6000 Question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Samsung UE40C6000 Question
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Jan 11 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have the above TV however when i try and play a movie from my HDD the movie is jerky, i assume this is because the TV is 100hz and my media player is 50/60hz, or it could be because the videos are NTSC format.

Works ok on my toshiba TV upstairs though.

is there any setting i can change on the samsung? refresh rate? or ntsc/pal?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

26th Jan 11 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what are you playing them through?
Brett
Premium Member

26th Jan 11 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you playing them through a media centre or direct from a HDD?
Nath

26th Jan 11 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would've thought it'd only be a problem the other way round. I've got a 100Hz TV and only normally get 50/60hz with anything including Blu Rays.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jan 11 at 17:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

through my cyclone media player, the media player goes straight into the tv via hdmi, the hdd goes into the media player via usb

the media player options are 1080p 50hz and 1080p 60hz
Brett
Premium Member

26th Jan 11 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make any difference if you connect via VGA?
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jan 11 at 18:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only have hdmi out on my media player
if i connect the hdd straight to the tv and use its inbuilt media player its better.

So must be something about the refresh rate the cyclone puts out it doesnt like
Jambo

26th Jan 11 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turn 100hz off?

I fucking hate it. Makes movies look like Eastenders
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

26th Jan 11 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you know how some people can play direct from the hdd on their tv

where do they plug the hdd into? i only have 1 usb port on my tv and it says service only
Dom

26th Jan 11 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham

where do they plug the hdd into? i only have 1 usb port on my tv and it says service only

Storage drive plugs into the usb socket. A lot of new panels support Divx/Xvid/MKV playback through usb (some support DLNA for streaming over network) and with some older panels you can enable limited playback through the service menu, so it might be worth doing a google on your panel.

Steve - Are you saying your cyclone works perfectly fine on your Toshiba yet when connected to your Samsung it causes 'jerkyness'? I'd switch off all your image processing on your Samsung and see if that helps.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

26th Jan 11 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what format will the hdd need to be?

best off doing it as fat32?
Brett
Premium Member

26th Jan 11 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might be best just testing it with a USB stick if you're not sure if it has the functionality? Not that it'd cause a problem, just sounds easier if you're needing to format, etc.

[Edited on 26-01-2011 by loafofbrett]
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jan 11 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham

Storage drive plugs into the usb socket. A lot of new panels support Divx/Xvid/MKV playback through usb (some support DLNA for streaming over network) and with some older panels you can enable limited playback through the service menu, so it might be worth doing a google on your panel.

Steve - Are you saying your cyclone works perfectly fine on your Toshiba yet when connected to your Samsung it causes 'jerkyness'? I'd switch off all your image processing on your Samsung and see if that helps.

anything in particular youd suggest? been through all the usual settings cant see anything out of the ordinary, can you turn off 100hz?

and yes it works fine on my tosh hd tv

New Poll