corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa 1.2 (X12SZ) Intermittent starting fault.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa 1.2 (X12SZ) Intermittent starting fault.
johnhara1

User status: Offline
1st Feb 11 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car will intermittently refuse to start, it'll just turn over but not fire. It will bump start every time though and then run fine all day.

When it refuses to start, I check for spark and there's none, plugs aren't damp either and no fuel coming into throttle body so i thought immobiliser.

I changed the ECU, Reader and Chip last night and it started 1st turn of the key. 24hrs later and it's not firing again, just cranks.

Any ideas?

[Edited on 01-02-2011 by johnhara1]
john c

1st Feb 11 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like possable cam/crank sensor nt sure tho
mullen0986

2nd Feb 11 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is actually my car that has the issue, and just to add to this after it wouldnt start yedterday ive left it and tried it this morning first turn it didnt go but second time it fired up when i had my foot to the floor, i drove it to work parked up tried to start it and it wouldnt go atall.

New Poll