corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » astra engine fit a corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author astra engine fit a corsa
SRI-LEE

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 11 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello all is it correct that in the mk 3 astra arctics like 1998 model ones the 1.6 16v engines were the x16xel? meaning that if i get one of them put my x16xe head on il basically have an x16xe? heres a pic of an engine bay from one and a car thanks for the help guys

[Edited on 02-02-2011 by SRI-LEE]
Crana

2nd Feb 11 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use ur head and inlet and ecu, been told the xel has the better head just crap cams?
SRI-LEE

2nd Feb 11 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I heard its the ports on the head smaller etc? But are they all definatly x16xel engines? Cheers
derick-sport

2nd Feb 11 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

apparently the inlet is better to
dean101287

2nd Feb 11 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id just use the lot and put a x16xe inlet system on it so a powerbox can be put on it.
Fulton

2nd Feb 11 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think the sumps are different too, could be wrong tho just i seem too rember my brother changing them over when he fitted an astra engine into his sport.
Dave_Sport

2nd Feb 11 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fitted an X16XEL from an astra into my sport a couple of years ago, i seem to remember swapping all the water pipes and all the inlet system over from the old x16xe onto it, then just used the 16xe loom and ecu and the four branch manifold, i didn't swap the sump over cause i don't remember them being different. It ran and still runs fine, and didn't notice any difference in power

Dave
fillmecca

2nd Feb 11 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lee,it all the same tbh just use the inlet on your XE they have diffrent inlets due to power the engine will make,someone els was on about this ages ago.the diffrents in the inlets is that the XEL had more torque but less power but he XE had more power less torque if you get me?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » astra engine fit a corsa 23 database queries in 0.0105329 seconds