corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Audi TT question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Audi TT question
John

User status: Offline
1st Feb 11 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mk2 TT, won't start, comes up SAFE on the odometer.
Throwing a steering angle sensor code on the ABS controller, comes straight back after it's cleared.
Also gets an implausible key code (can't remember the exact one) logged in the instruments.

Funny bits, if battery is disconnected it will sometimes start and run, it'll do this a couple of times then just go back to SAFE, windows stop working properly, either won't move at all or won't go the whole way up also managed to get the spoiler to pop up without touching anything.

Can see a couple of things on the net but nothing that explains it fully, also nothing that explains why it will start a couple of times after the battery has been disconnected.

My guesses are ABS controller or clocks but can't really see how this would cause the windows, or why it works briefly.

Any ideas?

Ben J

1st Feb 11 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pow
Premium Member

1st Feb 11 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Immobilizer John, used to get something similar on my Ibiza, had SAFE a few times in the mileage display. Happened at Lands End once

On the Ibiza, the clocks has the immobilizer controller attached to them, you had to have new ones coded to the car and they used to fuck up. Had replacement clocks by any chance?

[Edited on 01-02-2011 by pow]
s4k1b

1st Feb 11 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thers some controller/module type thing which is located under the passenger footwell i think?

look into it. ight even be in the boot actually.

i read this a long time ago. cant remmeber. sorry.
John

1st Feb 11 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Immo is still in the clocks, I remembered a bit from my trying to swap the clocks in my Fabia days.

Baffling me how it works intermittently.
Mattb

1st Feb 11 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Immo is still in the clocks, I remembered a bit from my trying to swap the clocks in my Fabia days.

Baffling me how it works intermittently.

could be a problem with the transponder in the key if its an intermittant problem
John

1st Feb 11 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same with 2 remote keys and the master key thing, the coil part of the immobiliser came to mind but can't see how this would cause a steering angle sensor fault and the windows not going up.
RS6

1st Feb 11 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J

Mattb

1st Feb 11 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steering angle sensor fault will be because the battery has been disconnected - will read something like 'steering angle sensor G85 no or incorrect basic settings'
a short drive forwards in a straight line and comming to a stop will sort that
John

1st Feb 11 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried steering wheel to left, right then back again and driving forward a bit, was in a tight driveway though so could just be that, also tried zeroing it but the code didn't go away.

It's booked into a VAG place on Thursday but pissing me off I can't narrow the cause down.
Mattb

1st Feb 11 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the drive needs to be about 30ish meters at above 20kph.. if it wont initialize it may need to be re basic set then initialized (they can be a pain 5% of the time)

What VAG place is it going to?
pow
Premium Member

2nd Feb 11 at 08:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds silly but if you can, whip the clocks out and check for dry solder joints on them. That's what caused the 6 clock ibiza dashes to go spastic with the immobilizer.
John

2nd Feb 11 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a random one that's close up here, that's if I can get it there right enough, because I can get it to start every once in a while doesn't mean it will actually drive.

Could take a look at the clocks, outside of VCDS all I've done is check the ABS connector was dry.
pow
Premium Member

2nd Feb 11 at 10:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The other thing to do is when it wont start is to stick you hand up the back of the dash (I could do this by flipping the little cubby hole down in the Ibiza) and push on the connectors for the clocks. Used to solve it to start the car on the Ibiza anyway
John

3rd Feb 11 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got it started and drove it to the garage, steering fault cleared after driving as matt said, garage could find noting wrong, which was expected tbh, won't be doing that again.

New Poll