corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Need help big time

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need help big time
innes16v

User status: Offline
4th Feb 11 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As some of you mite know, my friend connor craigie aka "craigiegsirep" died in a car crash last week, we'r havin a cruise from thurso til john o groats, past his house then back to thurso, theres gona be about 300 cars, the problem is i sold my car so dont have a car right now, but my other mate is in on holiday and cant get back in time for the cruise. he wants his car to be at the cruise and i want to drive at the cruise so iam gona take his car for him, the cars not insured cos hes not usein it rite now... is there anywhere i can get like a days/weekends/weeks insurance? Iv heard u have til be over 21, iam only 18...

Thanks

R.I.P CONNOR
DannyB
Premium Member

4th Feb 11 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best thing to do is just try lots of different sites, but I'm sure you have to be 21 as you say. You ould insure it for a year, pay the deposit so you're insured then cancel it a few days later?
Steve
Premium Member

4th Feb 11 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get day insurance
Ad Blue B

4th Feb 11 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whens the cruise, i might attaned even though im miles away, Rip connor
Gary
Premium Member

4th Feb 11 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Best thing to do is just try lots of different sites, but I'm sure you have to be 21 as you say. You ould insure it for a year, pay the deposit so you're insured then cancel it a few days later?

There is a site that you can be under 21. Cant remember what its called though. But im 100% there is a way.

Failing that, take out a new insurance policy, use the car for a week etc then cancel within your 14day cooling off period. They'll refund the deposit minus some admin fee of about 40 quid usually. Job done.
innes16v

4th Feb 11 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 days insurance is all i need, ill keep looking, thanks lads

Time - 13 February · 13.00 - 16.00

Location - (Lorry Park) Thurso to John'o'Groats and then past his house in Dunnet and then return to Thurso

In dedication to connor craigie, who we all know loved his corsa and cruising

All Vehicles are welcome also. So far on facebook 387 people are coming, alot of boyracers in caithness, roads could get noisey! haha, but everyone argees, speed limit is 60 and no over taking

Also we'r planning on get some money together for cystic fibrosis as he had it. Even if everyone gave a pound, wud soon add up!

[Edited on 04-02-2011 by innes16v]
Cavey

4th Feb 11 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ukbargaininsurance.com/under-21-car-insurance.htm

Supposedly they'll all do 17.18yr old

but looking at the first link, looks like you can get monthly u21, but daily is 25+ so not much help really

[Edited on 04-02-2011 by Cavey]
Corsa_Spragg

4th Feb 11 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've tried to get temp insurance for a weekend before and being 18 at the time, i no joy. if the car has insurance though, im sure you wont be police checked seeing as there will be 300 cars there! sorry about your loss!
chrisritch

4th Feb 11 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Spragg
i've tried to get temp insurance for a weekend before and being 18 at the time, i no joy. if the car has insurance though, im sure you wont be police checked seeing as there will be 300 cars there! sorry about your loss!

Dont be so fucking stupid

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Need help big time 23 database queries in 0.0169871 seconds