corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Being hit by an uninsured driver

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Being hit by an uninsured driver
Mertin

User status: Offline
5th Feb 11 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After a wee accident back in July where the third party were holding me responsi le, insurance were taken ages to sort it out. Its now been passed onto solicitors and got a letter in today about "the recovery of your uninsured losses claim"
So looks like the driver wasnt insured, this is the first iv heard of it from insurance so I presume this is right and isnt just what they class as a claim? I had a feeling they wasnt insured as I got something like its my sisters boyfriends car. But then thought it was insured as they started the claim against me.
Anyone hazard a guess at the likely outcome? Will I lose my 3 years no claims through this? Iv yet to pay my insurance excess, and have receipts for £760 of work that my car needed. I know companys like directline say that they cover if you get hit by an uninsured driver. Im with admiral, fully comp and albany assistance were dealing with it until it was passed to HBJ claim solutions in glasgow
Richardhhha

5th Feb 11 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you got hit then no you won't loose them, I got taken out at a set of traffic lights 2 years ago and made a claim and kept my ncb even tho that's unless now as my record states I have a no fault claim and its bumped my insurance up over £200 where it will stay for the next 5 years...
MarkM

5th Feb 11 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make a claim through the Motor Insurer Bureau. There is a pot of cash put aside for this.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

5th Feb 11 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

uninsured losses are things like whip lash and loss of pay arent they?
AuroraSport

5th Feb 11 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above.

quote:

What are Uninsured Losses?
Uninsured losses are costs for which you are responsible. Examples are, the policy excess, the cost of a hire car and any medical expenses you may incur.

Mertin

5th Feb 11 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right that explains it, thought it came about all of a sudden but it did explain why its taken since july to sort out and still nowhere
LeeM

5th Feb 11 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has it been delat with as a credit repair? if so you should be good because youve not used your insurance to make a claim, basically someones just lent you the money the fix your car
Mertin

5th Feb 11 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv paid the repair out of my own pocket

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Being hit by an uninsured driver 23 database queries in 4.7135241 seconds