corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Wedding photography (gosh)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wedding photography (gosh)
Pete_vxl

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 11 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my sister is getting married in June and she wants me to do the photos. I have a sony a200 and literally just take photos of my car. I will be way out of my depth and want to know how much would a pro or a more acomplished photographer would be? If this all fails and i have to do it, is it possible to send the photos to a company/person to touch up?

[Edited on 04-02-2011 by Ian]
AndyKent

3rd Feb 11 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can pay as much or as little as you like fir a wedding tog. Are you planning on charging her or have I missed the point?

Photos can be retouched seriously cheap, but a shit picture is hard to make better. For example something underexposed is harder to work on than something properly exposed.

Best to get it right in camera.
Pete_vxl

3rd Feb 11 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha no i wont be charging her but if its not uber expensive i would buy her the photographer just so she gets good quality as its supposed to be a one in a lifetime day and the last thing i want is to have my thumb over the lense etc.
Matt L

4th Feb 11 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as andy has said you can pay as much or as little as you want.

I was going to offer to do it if it was a weekend wedding but just realised your in scotland which is a bit far plus iv not done a wedding yet.
andys sxi
Premium Member

4th Feb 11 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you should ask jonny j if he wants to go to scotland for the weekend and get him to do it hes good at taking pics

April 08 feature car
BluKoo

4th Feb 11 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was closer, i'd have come along as a back up photographer to take the pressure off ya and to gain a little experience.
If you have any mates who have a decent camera too, then you could see if they're keen on helping.

You should take a look on talkphotography.com and check out some of the wedding photographers there for inspiration.
It'll give you an idea of what sort of shots you need and maybe give you a little inspiration.

I actually processed a load of wedding pictures for someone on here a while ago. This was back when I didn't even really know what I was doing. This was mainly cropping them into a decent composition and tweaking colours/levels.

If you were stuck, i'd be happy to help out again.

[Edited on 04-02-2011 by BluKoo]
John

4th Feb 11 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a bad idea from the outset, you can't be at the wedding if you are photographing it and I'm guessing you want to be part of your sister's wedding.

That's before the issue of only having one day to get the perfect pictures.
BluKoo

4th Feb 11 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're not necessary right John.

He's probably gonna have to be even more involved in the wedding. She might think its a nice touch to have her brother taking the pictures she'll (hopefully) cherish for years.
John

4th Feb 11 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's that cherish for years bit that would put me off. It's difficult to get right even when you know what you're doing.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Feb 11 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She's wrong, it'll be a disaster from start to finish.

Not only do you only have one chance to get the pictures, but the vast majority of compositions rest upon you to organise as well.

I've done them and it required a massive amount of planning in terms of where I could be, what focal lengths I needed, batteries, memory cards and the group shots are a big big headache, even more so if you're not confident talking to lots of people at the same time.

I had two 1-series bodies, a large number of lenses, tripods, flashes, thousands of pounds worth of gear and I was still worried the whole day about it failing.

Post pro is the least of your worries. It's hard work.
Jake

4th Feb 11 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you dont reckon it could be done with a couple of disposables ian
Steve
Premium Member

4th Feb 11 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use auto bracket to maximise your chances of getting correct exposure

-2ev 0ev and +2ev will do
Gaz

9th Feb 11 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
use auto bracket to maximise your chances of getting correct exposure

-2ev 0ev and +2ev will do

and fill your cards up quicker? not worth it, you can either shoot in pressured scenario's or you can't. He has already said he is out of his depth and trust me, Ive only 2nd'd at a wedding and that's hard enough in some places.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Feb 11 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if using up space is the only draw back and you maximise getting correct exposure in most shots then its worth it imo, cards are big enough these days to not worry about space anyway

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Wedding photography (gosh) 25 database queries in 0.0102661 seconds