corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mazda RX-8s

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mazda RX-8s
LeeM

User status: Offline
21st Feb 11 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Spark plugs are £100 odd a set.

someone told me this, i didnt believe them. why are they so much??
Raymond_11

22nd Feb 11 at 01:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont the engines need rebuilt every so many thousand miles
Graham88

22nd Feb 11 at 03:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's RX-7's.

13mpg is shocking though, that's worse than my MPS with a bigger engine & turbo...
Fro

22nd Feb 11 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Completely different engine design though.
Nismo

22nd Feb 11 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They catch fire....

oh noes thats the 7
adiohead

22nd Feb 11 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My friend's 231bhp does about 20mpg

My LCR averages around 27mpg (mostly stop start journeys), but can reach nearly 50mpg if driven in eco mode

[Edited on 22-02-2011 by adiohead]
Fro

22nd Feb 11 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
My friend's 231bhp does about 20mpg

My LCR averages around 27mpg (mostly stop start journeys), but can reach nearly 50mpg if driven in eco mode

[Edited on 22-02-2011 by adiohead]

Managed to get from Rainham to manchester on half a tank in my mapped Anniversary, love the 1.8t's
Jambo

22nd Feb 11 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spark plugs on a 182 are £80. Not that hard to believe.

They are meant to handle exceptionally well
Wayne

22nd Feb 11 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
quote:
Originally posted by Wayne
mines currently doing 13mpg at the moment but should go up when a little warmer..

That's worse than my 7!

Matt L

22nd Feb 11 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wayne

mines currently doing 13mpg at the moment but should go up when a little warmer..

Bloody hell zed does 26 and thats a mixture of giving it beans and driving sensiblish .

Personally never liked the rx8's looks wise but according to the 5th gear review i watched between the zed and the rx8 it handled very well but felt boring compared to the zed (not that that helps).
Fonz
Premium Member

22nd Feb 11 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from my experience sitting in a friends car travelling from Southamptont o Newbury

very good well made cars, certainly fast when you drive the car, but it has to be driven.
out of the power band and it was unresponsive and sluggish!
travelling along the carriageway someone travelling at 60ish was in front of us, friend slowed the car down to match the speed, once the car in front moved out the way he demonstrated that using the gears was required
planted his foot in top gear, nothing, not even more noise....no reaction. this was held there for several moments to give the car time to react and still nothing. changing down a cog or two and we accelerated away back up to "motorway cruising speeds"

lovely interior for two in the front but he is 6 foot 4 and can't get in the back, eth rear seats are saved only for his two young boys. with the seat in his position its clear no adult could sit there for any length of time.

and i agree with the litre oil/month based on his conversations. he manages incredibly fast journey times from A to B but knows it has cost him in oil!

he drives a 406 and uses teh RX8 as a "second family car". it is technically his wifes as she does such a small annual mileage (works from home) and is "something fun" for her to sue when she needs to go out.

based on his experience i wouldn't buy one and expect it to be cheap to run, but it looks good, performs well (when on the revs) and is built well

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mazda RX-8s 23 database queries in 0.0091588 seconds