corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X16XE engine loom please comfirm wires pic's included

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X16XE engine loom please comfirm wires pic's included
Nova_mike

User status: Offline
27th Mar 11 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stripped car down some time ago (1.6 16v x16xe corsa sport registered in 2000) and just came to re wrapping the loom when i stumbled accross plug's i can not remember removing, as you do i just pulled em off not taking much notice, i have removed the secondary air pump and EGR system so two will be those, if someone could help you would be a life saver as its holding up my project now.

this next bit is taken from my project thread, any more pic's or info needed please just say so i can confirm all the plugs and wrap it up.

1 Earth's
2 Map Sensor
3 Crank Sensor
4 Coil pack
5 This f**ker i thought was an earth but i am not so sure as it has been re crimped and i dont have a clue where it came from i am really stuck with this one now as i cant go any further until i know what it was from
6 Oxygen Sensor

when it is all wrapped again it should fit perfect and all held in place with S/S P clip's

Next was the injector loom, first off stripped it right back same as the main loom, i had to reposition several plugs due to moving the throttle body and remove some unused plug's so i end up with most of the loom under the inlet manifold unseen and then the only part that will be visible will be the injector plug's and small amount of the loom.

1 Engine speed sensor (cam)
2 Idle control valve
3 TPS
4 Knock sensor
5 injector plug's 1-4
there was another plug for the egr but that was removed.

Now these two next pic's are holding me back until i can 100% confirm what they are so i can remove them from the loom if not needed or locate where they go if are so i can position them in the loom.

1a and 1b i think i know what these are for i will just check and edit if i am correct
2 i think this was for the secondary air pump if so it can go
3 think this was for the EGR solenoid valve if so it can go too

the second pic is the worst one i really need to know what this is so i can start wrapping the loom back up sure it is an earth too but i just have a small amount of dought

[Edited on 27-03-2011 by Nova_mike]
AlexW

27th Mar 11 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The black wire that has been crimed is live, goes onto the battery.

1a/1b thing is the fuel tank vent valve. Other two are correct, although its not egr, its SAI, The egr needs to be keept to keep the eml off but the sai can be removed.

Nova_mike

28th Mar 11 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06

1a/1b thing is the fuel tank vent valve. Other two are correct, although its not egr, its SAI, The egr needs to be keept to keep the eml off but the sai can be removed.

Top man cheers for that, i remember that being live now you say it i just couldint remember, the crimp was throwing me.

the fuel tank vent valve - can i dump this as i will not be using it or will it bring eml light on too.

what set up will i have to do to keep the eml light from coming on regarding the egr? fit it to the egr blanking plate and plug it in? would it still not come on?

cheers for your input has helped me no end (saved hours and mistakes being made)
Nova_mike

30th Mar 11 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nova_mike
quote:
Originally posted by AW06

Top man cheers for that, i remember that being live now you say it i just couldint remember, the crimp was throwing me.

the fuel tank vent valve - can i dump this as i will not be using it or will it bring eml light on too.

what set up will i have to do to keep the eml light from coming on regarding the egr? fit it to the egr blanking plate and plug it in? would it still not come on?

cheers for your input has helped me no end (saved hours and mistakes being made)

Just need to know the answer to these two now and i can crack on anyone advise further?

mike

New Poll