corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.0 12v to 1.6 ecotec

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.0 12v to 1.6 ecotec
Andy H

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 11 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been offered a 1.6 16v ecotec donor car. fully running gearbox, loom everything.

I'm just wondering, what do I need to provide to make the engine fit? Is it the drivers side engine mount? and if so, do I just take it from the donor car?

any help would be appreciated as my insurance is due for renewal next month to get the tracker out of the car which will enable me to get an engine transplant.
shaunmods
Premium Member

3rd Apr 11 at 12:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the only mount the needs changing is the drivers side one. To use the mount from the donor car you will need to convert yours to PAS. But if you've got the whole donar car you will have everything you need to do it
Andy H

3rd Apr 11 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you mean PAS as in power assisted steering?

I thought my car already had that haha

Someone else will be installing the engine into the car, as I don't think I am capable of doing it myself. I just wanted to know what kind of things will be needed to make the installation go smooth.
shaunmods
Premium Member

3rd Apr 11 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy H
Do you mean PAS as in power assisted steering?

I thought my car already had that haha

Someone else will be installing the engine into the car, as I don't think I am capable of doing it myself. I just wanted to know what kind of things will be needed to make the installation go smooth.

12v's use a EPAS setup to the rest of the corsa models (electric). If you kept your current power steering setup you'd need to source non PAS 1.4 16v drivers side mount, tensioner, aux belt and lower alternator bracket to get it to work.

It would be far easier to swap over the hydraulic power steering from the donor car imo Thats what I did with mine anyway
Andy H

3rd Apr 11 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah, I'll have a word with the guy that is going to install it. I can't wait for this transplant!

New Poll