corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Cloning (backing up) Xbox 360 games

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cloning (backing up) Xbox 360 games
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Apr 11 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this possible without doing some hardcore hacking shite on the console/DVD drive?

Despite my best efforts, discs sometimes get scratched to fuck around here so I was wanting to know if I could clone my games in case the originals don't work any more.
Brett
Premium Member

6th Apr 11 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only with a flashed DVD drive, plus you'll probably get banned at some point for the trouble (although I just know someone'll come in here saying they've been doing it for ages unbanned). Then you need the Dual layer DVDs, etc. Ass-ache imo. Although it's not exactly hardcore hacking, all you do is plug the drive into a SATA port and click go on jungleflasher or somethin like that.

Assuming piracy and obtaining free games isn't your goal, then the easiest way is to just install the games, as you only need the disc in the drive just to verify when loading I think, and even a battered one could do that.

[Edited on 06-04-2011 by loafofbrett]
Adam_B

6th Apr 11 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it not just easier to be more careful with them?
Brett
Premium Member

6th Apr 11 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed. Just put them back in the case. Mine never get scratched.
Sam
Premium Member

6th Apr 11 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This would be OK if I lived on my own
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

6th Apr 11 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Only with a flashed DVD drive, plus you'll probably get banned at some point for the trouble (although I just know someone'll come in here saying they've been doing it for ages unbanned). Then you need the Dual layer DVDs, etc. Ass-ache imo. Although it's not exactly hardcore hacking, all you do is plug the drive into a SATA port and click go on jungleflasher or somethin like that.

Assuming piracy and obtaining free games isn't your goal, then the easiest way is to just install the games, as you only need the disc in the drive just to verify when loading I think, and even a battered one could do that.

Im one of them, i have a flashed one have for around 4months and still havent been banned black ops stopped working due to them patching it but assains creed still works and my others do, i just need to update the flash
Brett
Premium Member

6th Apr 11 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
black ops stopped working due to them patching it

Well, that'd be an expensive paper weight. Only game I play
N3CRO

6th Apr 11 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett

Im one of them, i have a flashed one have for around 4months and still havent been banned black ops stopped working due to them patching it but assains creed still works and my others do, i just need to update the flash

Had my drive flashed 5 months ago, use it every day, no bans yet and all AP25 games still work fine

New Poll