corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » noisy corsa sport

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author noisy corsa sport
Kev S

User status: Offline
13th Apr 11 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've noticed an annoying noise with my corsa and i cant work out what it is. Its hard to describe what it sounds like...kind of sounds like a rusty chain on a bike lol. but i think it could be a bearing on one of the aux pulleys. is there a way of testing? iv tried pulling the tensioner off and there is abit of play in the sprung section which looks like the gasket is worn through? anyone know if the tensioner can be split to put new gasket in, or would i need to get a whole thing? also what does a screwed waterpump sound like? how would i tell if its on the way out? thanks for any help
Stuart H

13th Apr 11 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like the water pump mate , take alternator belt off and start the car see if the noise is still there
Kev S

14th Apr 11 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ye the noise is still there. It had cambelt kit fitted fairly recently too so wouldnt be one of the tensioners would it? How much of a job is it to change the waterpump? Price for part? Waterpump off a corsa 1.2 8v be the same as I have one. Or wouldnt it be worth having a old one? Cant you get kits just to do the bearins? Thanks for the help :-)
Stuart H

14th Apr 11 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll have to change the belt when the water pump is done anyway, parts are relatively cheap anyway , phone up your local motorfactors , get a price for the tensioner , water pump and a belt.
AlexW

14th Apr 11 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Belt is cambelt driven, So if the cambelt is new, It will be putting more pressure on the water pump and that is a common time for them to fail. New pump is around £20, Pain in the arse fitting it as your have to do all the cambelt again.

Kev S

14th Apr 11 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So im going to need a new cambelt? No point getting the full kit again is there? All looks like new. Is it a fiddly job to do or fairly straight forward?
AlexW

14th Apr 11 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't do a whole new belt kit if its not that old, Just bare it in mind when refitting
Kev S

15th Apr 11 at 06:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok thanks for the help.

New Poll