corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » calling all engine conversion owners

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author calling all engine conversion owners
Alex_Rally

User status: Offline
24th Apr 11 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wey i cole im a bad man thats why i drive conversions that arent registered correctly ..............
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Apr 11 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JedDy
i had a 1999 astra g with a 14xe engine standard but 6 months came up at £99

sorry i know its slightly off subject but i think thats wrong information

The prices change. Although that sounds expensive for that engine size on that year, you sure it wasn't 12 months?
scunnylad

24th Apr 11 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was insuring a 1.8 astra cdx an it was costing me 80 quid more than my corsa fully declared with a xe in with 3 points.
i pay £700 tpf&t with 6 points 3 yrs no claims and im 21 so its not really that much more expensive and i wont get my ass handed to me in court if i crash
Dan H

25th Apr 11 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had a corsa b with 1.8 conversion not declaired, i wrote it off and insurance still paid out, didnt check engine or anything, last car i done a 1.6 conversion in, got pulled over, checked engine, didnt know the diffence of new vs old engine.... £2200 insurance on a 1.2 corsa b is enough without declaring the conversion, insurance is a rip off these days, they must just make up a number and give them it as a quote
Jed D

25th Apr 11 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
i had a 1999 astra g with a 14xe engine standard but 6 months came up at £99

sorry i know its slightly off subject but i think thats wrong information

The prices change. Although that sounds expensive for that engine size on that year, you sure it wasn't 12 months?

no, deffo £99 for 6 months, think it was about £186 or somewhere around that for the year

i looked at that info when i bought it, as i went from a 1.2 16v b to that 1.4 16v astra g and thought what tax difference is it, "oh no difference" so i thought

went to tax it at the post office and ended up having an argument with the guy. apparently it is

quote:
Originally posted by --DannyH2k9--
, they must just make up a number and give them it as a quote

its picked out a hat mate

mine lowerd, alloys, decat, stainless... nothings declared and as far as there aware its in a locked and alarmed garage and i only do 3000k a year. tpft £600 with 2ncb and 3 points,but all mods declared, on the road and all legit £1300 or something daft. no chance, only paid about £400 for the car

[Edited on 25-04-2011 by JedDy]
djgritt
Premium Member

25th Apr 11 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
no, deffo £99 for 6 months, think it was about £186 or somewhere around that for the year

i looked at that info when i bought it, as i went from a 1.2 16v b to that 1.4 16v astra g and thought what tax difference is it, "oh no difference" so i thought

went to tax it at the post office and ended up having an argument with the guy. apparently it is

You MUST have been charged wrongly then.

Those Rates are much closer to the past >1549cc Rates than the below 1549cc rates...

Jed D

25th Apr 11 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fook, would i be able to claim that back you think?, i know it's only a couple ££ but im on a low income and we all feel the recession dont we?

how?
djgritt
Premium Member

25th Apr 11 at 22:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
fook, would i be able to claim that back you think?, i know it's only a couple ££ but im on a low income and we all feel the recession dont we?

how?

You most likely wouldn't.
It'd take some effort to try - receipt for the tax at that price, the logbook proving it was eligible for a differing rate, the VED rates for that period of time, and you would have to go direct to the DVLA over it.
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

25th Apr 11 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

totally declared mine
Jed D

25th Apr 11 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
quote:

how?

You most likely wouldn't.
It'd take some effort to try - receipt for the tax at that price, the logbook proving it was eligible for a differing rate, the VED rates for that period of time, and you would have to go direct to the DVLA over it.

sold that car about 2 month ago. all i have is the congrats yours no longer the keeper of form...

the head gasket had gone and was using water. wasn't a bad motor apart from that, i was only the 3rd owner

something said about pre 2001 or something? it was produced in 1999 but wasn't 1st regd til dec 2001 if that makes a difference?

if i remember rightly the previous tax disc had £99 on it for 6 month aswell

could never find out if it was z14xe or x14xe as the change over was around 99-01 and there was a difference in h.gasket material
djgritt
Premium Member

26th Apr 11 at 08:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
something said about pre 2001 or something? it was produced in 1999 but wasn't 1st regd til dec 2001 if that makes a difference?

Yes it does make a difference, as the picture above shows - different rates for Vehicles registered from 01/03/2001

If you had said that in the first place though, instead of just saying;

quote:
i had a 1999 astra g with a 14xe engine standard

Jed D

26th Apr 11 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not sure, as i think it may have been an import. made in 1999 1st registered in Dec 2001 but on a w plate
pow
Premium Member

26th Apr 11 at 08:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tax has gone up from the prices spoken about in this thread.

Pre 2001 (so all Corsa B's) 1549cc and under = £130 for the year, ~£70 for 6 months

Pre 2001 1549cc and over £215 for a year, £118.75 for 6 months (I've just paid this rate for a years tax on the Mazda)

Post 2001 cars are sorted into 13odd bands, all with different prices. For example, the Alfa falls into band D, ~£95 for the year or ~£50 for 6 months
pow
Premium Member

26th Apr 11 at 08:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
im not sure, as i think it may have been an import. made in 1999 1st registered in Dec 2001 but on a w plate

Cutoff date is the 1st March 2001, when Y reg came out. So it's Y reg or later.

If yours was registered when you're saying it'll be an X plate or your car is a ringer.

Declaire it as well.
Jed D

26th Apr 11 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah whey, someone else's problem now
nevermind
djgritt
Premium Member

26th Apr 11 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Tax has gone up from the prices spoken about in this thread.

Ian linked the current prices, which were questioned, hence the discussion with ref to past prices...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » calling all engine conversion owners 23 database queries in 0.0122151 seconds