corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Pick some brains.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pick some brains.
GTM

User status: Offline
27th Apr 11 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad has a Peugeot 206 1.1 and its a year 2000.
When the temp gauge hits about the first bar the engine starts to rev on its own, soon as it gets to that temp it revs pretty high. The throttle isnt sticking and he was told to reset the ECU which he has done but to no joy. He has been letting it warm up and get its revving out the way on the drive but now my sister is having the car and he wants it sorted before he hands it over. Any ideas? Obviously not a vaux but i know theres a wealth of knowledge on here so said id ask. Any help or ideas would be great
corsatdi

27th Apr 11 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds ECU related to me, have you tried taking the battery off for an hour and then re connecting it? may be far simpler then getting it read. Otherwise idle control valve?
GTM

27th Apr 11 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsatdi
Sounds ECU related to me, have you tried taking the battery off for an hour and then re connecting it? may be far simpler then getting it read. Otherwise idle control valve?

Well i looked on a pug site and theres a way to do it, cant remember it 100% now but it involved turning the ignition on and off then on again or somthing. I said ICV as my corsa started doing a similar thing and i took it out and got some carb cleaner and a toothbrush on it and it sorted the problem.

New Poll