corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » steering wheel snapped HELP !!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author steering wheel snapped HELP !!!!
walshy_corsab

User status: Offline
6th May 11 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.4 sport broken into last nite they tried to brake thr steering lock but failed and broke the steering wheel off what is involved in fixing it i now it needs a new coloum But how hard is it to fix and how do i take the ignition.barrol off to put on the new colom
johnhara1

6th May 11 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck me that's a good effort if they physically snapped the wheel off!

I thought Sports were immobilised?

If they've snapped the barrel housing off, there are held on with a blanked off bolt, it's annoying to easy enough to tap round with a punch as they aren't tight.

If it's just the barrel you want to swap into new rack, there is a hole on top of the housing that you slide a thin allen key into. Then put your key in and turn it to disable the steering lock, then fiddle and it should slide out.

When they did my step sisters, the only damage to the column was the steering lock had been forced so much it had twisted the metal around the lock so i had to hammer it straight to stop it catching.

When they did mine, they snapped the bracket holding the column to the bulkhead. I removed clocks, and put a new bolt in to hold the column up. Both cars were fine afterwards.

Are you sure you need a complete new column?

[Edited on 06-05-2011 by johnhara1]
youngsezer

6th May 11 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah sports are immobilised
johnhara1

6th May 11 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Amateurs then lol. My mate has an XE and they've attempted to steal it 3 times.

He caught them the1st time and the 2nd time they took the radio which didn't even work but couldn't get the car. (Didn't know what to do?)

The third time, he had fitted a snap off steering wheel and they silly cunts didn't realise until after they'd broken into the car!

New Poll