corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Volkswagen Corrado VR6 '96

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Volkswagen Corrado VR6 '96
Jake

User status: Offline
6th May 11 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2.9 VR6 with just over 98000 miles on the clock and every stamp in the service book(last service in April ’10) finished in black LO49 I believe is the paint code

11months MOT and TAX until January 2011

HPI CLEAR

Mercedes 230E 16x8j rims with nearly new 195/40 Falken ZE912 tyres. The holes are sprayed in Porsche anthracite and they have been diamond turned. The bad point is the NS rear has a soft dent in the edge of the rim where it just caught a tree stump. The adapters are made of steel and are 20mm on the rears and 14mm thick on the front.

Full heated leather interior, the front driver seat has slight wear and cracking as you would expect, the passenger seat is in very good condition apart from a scuff from a belt buckle or something on the upper bolster. The rears look brand new
Sunroof in working order
Fully working air conditioning
Active spoiler in full working order
320mm momo steering wheel and boss
Weitec coilovers, all spring seats are still adjustable and not seized
Magnex decat with a custom centre section (new last summer) and a magnex backbox with a 5x3 oval tail pipe.
Uprated headlight loom fitted last year
Rear wiper blanked
BMC CDA carbon fibre enclosed air filter
288mm brake conversion from a late golf vr6 with nearly new discs and pads. I fitted new banjo brake lines at the same time
Toad AI606 alarm fitted in 2010 by Awesome Automotive
DDI dial conversion and interior illuminations converted to red LEDs
Both bumpers, bonnet, washer jets, roof strips, door handles, grille, grille badge, headlamp surrounds and metal strip were all resprayed/colour coded in winter 2010. The rear panel has been resprayed and badge holes welded and smoothed over and sealed on the inside. The wing mirrors have been smoothed as well. Unfortunately, doing mostly motorway miles in the car, the bonnet and bumper has suffered the odd stone chip
Rear lights tinted red with film which are slotted on the reverse lights and the indicator bulbs have been painted green
Subtle tint Lamin-x on the headlamps and indicators
More recently (April ’11) I replaced the topmounts for the MOT this year. I have replaced the radiator with a genuine one, and at the same time changed the crack pipe, thermostat housing and fitted a Neuspeed low temp stat which keeps the engine at a perfect temp this time of year. I also replaced the water pump and complete auxiliary belt pulley and tensioner with genuine parts. Both front ABS sensors were replaced last year as well. The battery was replaced with a 5 year one from Halfords at the beginning of the year aswell.

As for any car, there are a few bad points. some rust has come through under the rear window rubber. There is some rust forming on the O/S rear arch which is about the size of a 20p but not the same shape. The N/S rear arch has had a scrape which has been touched in by the body shop when I had the paintwork done on the car.
The reason for selling is I can’t justify the expense of general running costs when it sits on the driveway 80% of the time.

please note the wheels in the pictures are pre refurb. I will get general pictures of the car and any bad bits uploaded over the weekend

pics of the rust have been uploaded to my garage now

£4150 (plate not included in the sale)

[Edited on 08-05-2011 by Jake]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Volkswagen Corrado VR6 '96 25 database queries in 0.0046940 seconds