corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 20xe 5door sleeper

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 20xe 5door sleeper
valver dove

User status: Offline
15th May 11 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello all im new to the site and im doing a little research as im thinking of putting the 20xe from my astra gte into my corsa run about whilst the gte gets restored im aware off most of the mods a need to carry out but unsure on others

aware of
1 corsa gsi/sport /tigra x16xe 22slipne drive shafts with 2.0l inner cvs on those for drive
2 256 gte discs n calipers witch i have
3 strenthening plate for lower cross member
4 off side engine mount bracket type 1 from ebay as my shell is 8valve c12nz engine
5 lowering blocks for roll bars
6 ecotec throttle body adaptor plate and pipe
7 gearbox rear mount spacers

i think thats it to get the engine in and 90% ready to rock obviously wire in and mod original exhaust to fit four branch

im unsure if the 1.2 in tank fuel pump is gunna cut it fueling the 20xe can any 1 confirm that
its fine to use just unsureA MEAN IM ONLY DOING THIS FOR THE FUN FACTOR FOLKS

few pics of the beast lol

engines power quite healthy a do say myself should go well in corsa lol

grubz172

16th May 11 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

-you use a fuel pump from an mpi corsa so a 1.4/ 1.6 sport fuel pump will do
-you use cav mk2 1.6 inner c.vs not 2.0 ones
- up to you whether you strengthen it or not as you dont really need to unless its an let

but everything else is right on your list

also check stu_c's 5 door c20xe. same colour as that so will give you some ideas

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/garage.php?action=usergarage&owner=stu_c&carid=8013

[Edited on 16-05-2011 by grubz172]
Corsa_Sport21

16th May 11 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats been done to the engine??Deffo not standard,not with near enough 180lb/ft torque.
valver dove

16th May 11 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello cheers for the reply my freind put x25xe lump in his astra mk3 1.4 single point injection and the engine ran fine so am curious if it will be ok
valver dove

16th May 11 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

honest m8 its totaly standards a mean a opened the ecu standard chip in and theres no receipt for cams in it its the early 20xe with lighter cranck and mayle forged pistons they are 156bhp with the fp ecuive polished the throttle body and matched the inlet manifold to the head thats it and that was after the rolling road session its just over 100k so just well healthly
Corsa_Sport21

16th May 11 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not just keep it in the Astra??You had the Astra for a while like??
valver dove

16th May 11 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well im taking it out of the astra cos im getting the thing fully sprayed somtime in the distant futre so it just gunna be sitting there the engine so gunna use it in the corsa for a while
Crana

17th May 11 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

170bhp from and engine that came with 156 standard? Rollers must be out I have an xej as well and it got 142.1bhp and 136.8lbf 100% standard only done one run at college
am4nf

17th May 11 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pics of astra needed tbh

Also is a diesel rad not needed?
valver dove

17th May 11 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Crana
170bhp from and engine that came with 156 standard? Rollers must be out I have an xej as well and it got 142.1bhp and 136.8lbf 100% standard only done one run at college

well my freind has a clio 182 cup wit decat and full scorpion and filter
and the gte is on par except for 5th where the gte starts to pull on the 182 so you be the judge m8
Crana

19th May 11 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

must be a one off 20xe that vauxhall made then? :S must have cams or something to make over standard power?
valver dove

19th May 11 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Crana
must be a one off 20xe that vauxhall made then? :S must have cams or something to make over standard power?

forgot to mention m8 it has a ashley enlarged four branch but the rest of the engine internals is standard it has airbox with k&n panel filter thats it

General performance pointers on the C20XE and LN exhaust manifolds

So, how do you set about tuning C20XE and LN engines? Well, step number one is replacing the standard exhaust manifold, as the standard item was designed to maximise low-end torque. At high revs this becomes a restriction, so it's critical that it's upgraded at the earlist opportunity. Steve explains - "Apparently the first pre-production engines from Cosworth produced 170bhp as standard but they wanted more torque for the road which they got by making the manifold's pipes smaller. This also helped reduce emissions by keeping the gas speed up, but when you get up to the top end it becomes a restriction."

http://www.sbdev.co.uk/History_files/History_BudgetHorsepower.htm

have a read pal
Crana

19th May 11 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So my xej will make 170 if I fit a large bore 4-2-1? Mine is getting dyno'd soon again made 142.3bhp last time with the exhaust hanging off dyno has since been calibrated because it was out quite abit when you put a brand new land rover on and it made well under its spec lol since had a group n chip fitted and a 2.25'' system made hoping for 150bhp cheers for the link reading it now
valver dove

20th May 11 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all c20xe/xej /20xe all slight differences in the way they are made will be different a mean their not blueprinted engine and some have had there back teeth ragged out a would of thought urs would of cleared over 150 with power cap and come plus chip on easy a mean all exhaust system perform different boxes create back preasure to suck gasses out quick so straight through pipes are crap a mean the gte had ashley four branch then standard all the way so helps wit torque

[Edited on 20-05-2011 by valver dove]

New Poll